|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Jean Augustine Park Fountain Improvements |
ARIBA Doc1842252097 - Request for Tender for Jean Augustine Park Fountain Improvements
LINK TO PUBLIC POSTING ARIBA DISCOVERY:
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Transition to City's new Source-to-pay tool – SAP Ariba
As of September, 2018, the City of Toronto will launch an online Source-to-Pay tool utilizing SAP Ariba and begin to migrate the City's Solicitations (RFQs, RFPs etc.) from being posted on the City's Online Call Document System to being posted through SAP Ariba. It is important for all Suppliers to register on the SAP Ariba network in order to continue to be able to access City of Toronto Solicitations. For more information on this transition please visit: Upcoming Changes to Bidding on City Contracts.
Any questions about this transition should be directed to City Bids at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Call Award||Call number: Notice177-2019|
and contract amount:
|Date awarded:||September 25, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Divisional contact:||Mark Goulart||Contact phone:|| 416-395-0163|
|Issue date:||June 26, 2019||Closing date:||July 18, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
Tender No. 177-2019 NOIP.pdf (105 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/26/2019 01:12:06 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||a) Bidders must attend a mandatory site meeting at 2115 Lake Shore Blvd. W., Toronto on July 5, 2019 commencing at 10:00 am local time. Bidders will meet at the existing pond. Please note that it is easier to access from Marine Parade Drive. Site meetings may not be available at any other times. Separate meetings with Bidders will not be held.|
b) Bidders MUST attend the site meeting to familiarize themselves with the work and ascertain the full extent of the Deliverables required.
c) Bidders must sign in with the City’s representative at the mandatory site meeting and clearly indicate on the sign-in sheet the name of the firm they are representing for their Quotation to be considered.
d) A record of questions and answers as deemed relevant from the site meeting will be distributed in the form of an Addendum and posted on the online system. The City reserves the right not to answer questions at the Site Meeting but will answer questions that arise at the site meeting as part of an Addendum.
e) Please review the drawings prior to the mandatory site meeting as the City does not incline to extend the closing date.
Bidders submitting Bids that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Salcedo, Alma||Phone number:||416-392-6057|
|Email:||email@example.com||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the Bid amount and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Payment Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24 month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
The Bid Bond shall be in accordance with the City's standard form attached to this document. The Performance and Labour and Material Payment Bonds shall be in accordance with the Construction Act.
Failure of a Bidder to submit a fully completed Bid Bond, in the form enclosed in Section 2 - Tender Submission Package, shall result in the Bid being rejected as non-compliant.
The original Bid Bond shall be received at the following address prior to the closing date and time or the Bid will be rejected as non-compliant:
Attention: Alma Salcedo
Purchasing and Materials Management
100 Queen Street West, 18th Floor West Tower
Scope of Work:
The following summary is provided for the convenience of bidders. Please note that full specifications, drawings and other related documents are provided in Part 5 – Tender Particulars in Ariba.
The scope of work involved in this Tender shall consist of the supply and installation of all materials as detailed on the project drawings and Specifications; including all labour, tools and equipment necessary for the completion of the Work. No equipment, labour, materials or storage facilities shall be provided by the City unless noted otherwise on the project drawings.
The work generally includes but is not limited to:
Site protection barrier
Tree protection measures
Erosion control measures
Clearing and grubbing
Demolition and removals
Excavation and rough grading
Topsoil application and finish grading
Armourstone Retaining Wall Construction
Completion of the Work of this Contract:
1. The bidder agrees to execute the Contract within 7 working days after presentation of the Contract for execution by the Owner or anyone acting on behalf of the owner.
2. A work plan must be submitted by the successful bidder after Contract award that includes detailed schedule and strategy, and will be coordinated with the management of the facility according to the requirements of its operation.
3. It is understood that time is of the essence for the project. In addition to final delivery dates the following schedule outlines access and occupancy requirements shall describe the project work plan and shall form part of the Contract for these works:
Start work on Site: August 16th, 2019
Substantial Completion: September 30th, 2019
Total Completion of all works: November 1, 2019
Experience and Qualifications:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. Must have completed (including testing and commissioning), and must have achieved Substantial Completion, as per the Construction Lien Act, for at least three (3) projects within the past seven (7) years as General Contractor involving the in water works of a creek or river bank stabilization construction activities of new or rehabilitation upgrades of an existing pond or creek in a public park in a conservation authority regulated ravine green space having a minimum dollar value of $250,000.00 Canadian Dollars each (excluding taxes).
At least one of these projects must have been completed for a municipality.
In order to prove they have the required experience, the Bidder must complete and submit the Experience and Qualifications Form as contained in Part 6 – Submission Items as part of their Tender submission and provide the following information:
• Project description, i.e. location, scope of work, project value and contract number;
• Approval authority contact along with telephone or e-mail information;
• Owner contact information;
• Consultant contact information (if applicable) and;
• List of Sub-Contractors for each project.