|Commodity:||Construction Services, Watermains - Water Services |
|Description:||BERMONDSEY TRANSFER STATION STORMWATER MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENTS|
BIDS ARE REQUESTED FOR: BERMONDSEY TRANSFER STATION STORMWATER MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENTS.
|Call Award||Call number: 46-2019|
and contract amount:
|Capital Sewer Services Inc|
|Date awarded:||September 4, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Capital Works Delivery|
|Issue date:||May 16, 2019||Closing date:||June 7, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
46-2019 NOIP.pdf (90 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:21:11 AM
46-2019 Viewing Copy.pdf (1788 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:21:36 AM
Section 4 - Scope of Work.pdf (607 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:22:38 AM
Part 1 - Drawings.pdf (7388 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:23:21 AM
Part 2 - Drawings.pdf (5773 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:23:54 AM
Part 3 - Drawings.pdf (5415 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:24:25 AM
9083-ecs-specs-piperspecs-TS-4.10-Apr2013.pdf (227 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:24:38 AM
section-5 - Supplementary Conditions.pdf (76 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:25:08 AM
Section 5A - Attachment.pdf (9876 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:25:53 AM
Section 6 - Certificate of Insurance (Vertical).pdf (119 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/16/2019 10:26:22 AM
46-2019 Addendum 1.pdf (4285 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/30/2019 10:58:49 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||** Mandatory Site Meeting to be held on May 23, 2019 at 10:00 am, local time at the Bermondsey Transfer Station, Site Office, 188 Bermondsey Road, Toronto, Ontario|
|Buyer:||Chishti, Sahil||Phone number:||416-338-3107|
|Email:||Sahil.Chishti@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 17th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
*** Bid security required
Bid Bond Percentage: 10% of Quoted Bid Price
The Project encompasses the need for stormwater management upgrades to the Bermondsey Waste Transfer Station (Site). The Site is currently challenged by very high concentrations of Escherichia Coli (E. coli), and metals measured in the stormwater runoff that exceed the criteria outlined in the Provincial Water Quality Objectives (PWQO) and City Storm Sewer Use By-Law.
All works outlined herein are required steps in bringing the Site into compliance for an Amended Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) Permit for Industrial Sewage Works from the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks (MECP). An ECA Permit is required by the MECP to discharge stormwater from all lands zoned as industrial per Section 53 of the Ontario Water Resources Act, R.S.O.1990.
The Work will provide a long-term solution for the Site’s stormwater quality issues that ensures the stormwater discharge from the Site is able to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and be protective of human health and the environment.
Scope of work may include, but not limited to the following:
1. Project start-up including mobilization to the Site;
2. Development, implementation, and maintenance of Project submittals including: a Site specific Health and Safety Plan; an approach plan and emergency spill response plan.
3. Attend a City-led Site health and safety orientation.
4. Provision and maintenance of temporary facilities and controls.
5. Demolition and removals.
6. Abandonment of the STC-2 oil-grit separator unit.
7. Installation of catch basin filters in each of the catch basins located within the property boundary.
8. Sewer replacement and rehabilitation, including open cut sewer removal, installation of the cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) lining, CIPP spot repairs, and post CCTV inspection of sewer pipelines;
9. Installation of trench drains at the leaf and yard waste building exit, the lower haulage bay exit and the tipping floor exit of the transfer station building.
10. Installation of two (2) passive treatment systems and associated piping on each of the main sewer lines prior to MH-7.
11. Asphalt paving.
12. Demobilization and closeout.