|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Birchmount Road – Road Resurfacing from Finch Avenue East to South of McNicoll Avenue|
Bids are invited for Birchmount Road – Road Resurfacing from Finch Avenue East to South of McNicoll Avenue; Steeles Avenue East - TSLIP at Don Mills Road and at Birchmount Road Intersections; Finch Avenue East – New Sidewalk from Tiffield Road to CPR Bridge, all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.
All questions concerning this Tender should be directed in writing to Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca or fax (416) 397-7779.
The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is 3 working days before closing time and date. (For further details, refer to Section 2 of the Tender, Item 3. Questions)
|Call Award||Call number: 146-2019|
and contract amount:
|D. CRUPI AND SONS LIMITED|
|Date awarded:||July 17, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Capital Works Delivery|
|Divisional contact:||Seamus Liu||Contact phone:|| 416-396-7049|
|Issue date:||May 3, 2019||Closing date:||May 23, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
146-2019 - NOIP - 19ECS-TI-13MR.pdf (267 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/03/2019 11:58:32 AM
146-2019 - Viewing Copy.pdf (9871 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/03/2019 12:00:09 PM
146-2019 - Addendum No. 1.pdf (823 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/14/2019 03:41:25 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||No site meeting is required. |
|Buyer:||Kysym, Christina||Phone number:||416-338-5926|
|Email:||Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor, West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
BID BOND: 10% of Bid Amount
CONTRACT NO. 19ECS-TI-13MR
This call document is available for purchase and download online on our website.
A non-refundable fee (shown above) in the form of Credit card, Debit card, cash or cheque payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto, is required for each call document.
Tender Drawings are available on CD to purchasers of the tender document. Bidders must obtain a copy of the CD from the Tender Office of the Purchasing and Materials Management Division, 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto, during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
Proof of Tender purchase will be required to pick-up the CD. The vendors who have not purchased the Tender document will have to do so in order to obtain a copy of the CD.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Major Road Resurfacing on Birchmount Road from 40 m North of Finch Avenue East to 50 m South of McNicoll Avenue;
• Transportation Safety Local Improvements at Steeles Avenue East and Don Mills Road;
• Transportation Safety Local Improvements at Steeles Avenue East and Birchmount Road;
• New Sidewalk Construction on Finch Avenue East from Tiffield Road to CPR Bridge.
• Birchmount Road from 40 m North of Finch Avenue East to 50 m South of McNicoll Avenue – Ward 22 Scarborough Agincourt;
• Steeles Avenue East at Don Mills Road – Ward 17 Don Valley North;
• Steeles Avenue East at Birchmount Road – Ward 22 Scarborough Agincourt;
• Finch Avenue East Tiffield Road to CPR Bridge – Ward 23 Scarborough North.
The work to be completed includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Concrete works, curb and sidewalk restoration
• New sidewalk construction
• Reconstruction of driveway aprons as required
• Installation of curb and/or subdrain
• Flexible and/or composite pavement road base repair and/or subgrade excavation
• Placement of base asphalt and top surface asphalt
• Existing utility cut repair in roadway and boulevard
• Adjustments to existing manholes, catch basins, and utility to finished grade
• Asbestos removal/disposal where directed
• Topsoil and sod boulevard restoration
• Pavement markings
• Traffic Signals, Street Lighting, Traffic loops installation
• The tentative construction commencement date is July 29, 2019.
• This Contract, including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies, must be completed by no later than September 28, 2019.
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
• Must have achieved Substantial Completion within the meaning of the Construction Lien Act for at least one project within the past 3 years as General Contractor involving the construction of road resurfacing project of similar scope to the project in the current tender and having a minimum dollar value of $1,000,000.00 Canadian Dollars (excluding taxes); OR
• Must have achieved Substantial Completion within the meaning of the Construction Lien Act for at least two projects within the past 6 years as General Contractor involving the construction of road resurfacing project of similar scope to the project in the current tender and having a minimum dollar value of $1,000,000.00 Canadian Dollars each (excluding taxes).
• Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement, or an Equivalent (such as ISO 45001) OHS Certification.