|Commodity:||Construction Services, Watermains - Water Services |
|Description:||Watermain & Water Services Replacement and Permanent Road Restoration on Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to |
Bids are invited for Watermain & Water Services Replacement and Permanent Road Restoration on Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to York Street, all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.
All questions concerning this Tender should be directed in writing to Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca or fax (416) 397-7779.
The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is 3 working days before closing time and date. (For further details, refer to Section 2 of the Tender, Item 3. Questions)
|Call Award||Call number: 145-2019|
and contract amount:
|Midome Construction Services Ltd.|
|Date awarded:||July 17, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Capital Works Delivery|
|Divisional contact:||Amran Durani||Contact phone:|| 416-396-7049|
|Issue date:||April 30, 2019||Closing date:||May 21, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
Tender 145-2019 Notice of Intended Procurement.pdf (73 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/30/2019 03:54:14 PM
145-2019 - Addendum No. 1.pdf (940 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/09/2019 03:09:55 PM
|Buyer:||Kysym, Christina||Phone number:||416-338-5926|
|Email:||Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor, West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
BID BOND: 10% of Bid Amount
CONTRACT NO. 19ECS-TI-10SP
This call document is only available for purchase through the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto, and is not available for purchase and download online.
A non-refundable fee (shown above), is required for each call document. Cheques are to be made payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto. Cash, Credit (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) and debit are also accepted.
Bidders must make their own arrangements for payment and pick-up of this call document.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Watermain & Water service replacement and Road Resurfacing on Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to York Street.
• Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to York Street – Ward 10 (Spadina-Fort York)
• Watermain and water services reconstruction including permanent trench restoration on Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to York Street
• Road resurfacing (top course asphalt) on Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to York Street
• This Contract, including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies, must be completed Substantially completed by July 15, 2020. The Order to Commence Work will be issued following the execution of the agreement of this Contract of which, is anticipated to be July 22, 2019.
The project shall be divided into the following two (2) phases:
Phase 1 – Richmond Street West from Bathurst Street to Spadina Avenue All contract work within this phase must be substantially completed by November 8, 2019
Phase 2 – Richmond Street West from Spadina Avenue to York Street All contract work within this phase must be substantially completed by July 15, 2020. Work within this phase cannot start earlier than October 15, 2019 (unless approved by the Contract Administrator). Work within this phase must begin no later than November 4, 2019.
Phase 2 construction shall be divided into two (2) stages as follows:
Stage 1 – Richmond Street West from Spadina Avenue to University Avenue All contract work within this phase must be substantially completed by July 15, 2020. Work within this stage cannot start earlier than October 15, 2019 (unless approved by the Contract Administrator). Work within this stage must begin no later than November 4, 2019.
Stage 2 – Richmond Street West from University Avenue to York Street Work within this stage cannot start earlier than April 27, 2020 unless approved by the Contract Administrator. Work within this stage must begin no later than May 4, 2020. All contract work within this phase must be substantially completed by July 15, 2020
The bidders shall note that liquidated damages under this contract are applicable to each phase of the project. Any delay in the completion of any phase of this project will result in the implementation of liquidated damages in accordance with clause 17, of the Section 5A, of this contract.
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
• Must have completed (including testing and commissioning), and must have achieved Substantial Completion within the meaning of the Construction Act for at least two (2) projects within the past ten (10) years as General Contractor involving the reconstruction of watermains and water services with a minimum dollar value of $4,000,000 Canadian Dollars each (excluding taxes). At least one of these projects must have involved staged/phased construction activities, tie in with existing watermain systems and demonstrated experience with trenchless technologies (tunnelling).
• Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement, or an Equivalent (such as ISO 45001) OHS Certification.