|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Park Improvements and Environmental Remediation - Northern Linear Park|
Northern Linear Park: Park Improvements and Environmental Remediation
Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Alma Salcedo at email@example.com
For more information, please refer to Section 2 – Information for Bidders, Subsection - 3 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is three (3) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 106-2019|
and contract amount:
|Hawkins Contracting Services Limited|
|Date awarded:||July 10, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Divisional contact:||Bob Duguid||Contact phone:|| 416-392-1925|
|Issue date:||April 18, 2019||Closing date:||May 9, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
106-2019 - NOIP.pdf (89 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/18/2019 02:31:25 PM
106-2019 Viewing Copy Only.pdf (9122 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/18/2019 02:32:30 PM
TCN 106-2019 Drawings - Part 1.pdf (7997 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/18/2019 02:33:31 PM
TCN 106-2019 Drawings - Part 2.pdf (3827 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/18/2019 02:34:14 PM
TCN 106-2019 Addendum No.1.pdf (1589 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/03/2019 08:46:08 AM
TCN 106-2019 Addendum No.2.pdf (36 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/07/2019 10:32:47 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. A Mandatory Site Meeting will take place at 11:00am local time on April 26, 2019 on site. Meet with the City representative at the location shown on aerial plan (Aerial Plan is located after Page 4-1) at Northern Linear Park, 180 Queens Wharf Road, Toronto. Site meetings will not be available at any other times. |
Bidders must sign in with the City’s Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting during the designated date and time for their Bid to be considered.
Bids submitted by Bidders that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Salcedo, Alma||Phone number:||416-392-6057|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the Bid amount and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Payment Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24 month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
This call document is only available for purchase and download through the City of Toronto's Online Call Document System:
A non-refundable fee (shown above), is required for each call document.
Scope of Work Provide all materials, labour and equipment, including supervision and administration, for the construction of proposed park improvements for Northern Linear Park, as follows;
• Environmental remediation of existing soils including excavation, removal and disposal of existing contaminated soils, and supply and installation of clean fill cap, in accordance with project soil management plan and environmental health and safety plan, under direction of Qualified Person.
• Demolition and removals.
• Sub-drainage system / drainage system.
• Asphalt pavements and granular base
• Concrete pavements and concrete banding, and granular bases.
• Armour stone, rip rap stone, and granular bases.
• Lighting and electrical system.
• Irrigation system.
• Aluminum railing on existing concrete retaining wall
• Trees, shrubs and ground covers, planting soil mix, mulch and appurtenances.
• Topsoil and sod.
The services of the Qualified Person has been retained by the City. The Contractor is responsible for;
• The implementation of the project soil management plan and environmental health and safety plan.
• To coordinate the scheduling of the Qualified Person's inspection, monitoring, and certification of plan implementation.
• To carry out all environmental remediation work in accordance with project soil management plan and environmental health and safety plan, under direction of Qualified Person.
Project Schedule: The successful Bidder (Vendor) must commence site construction, including site mobilization ten (10) business days after the date the City issues the PO, and must complete construction of contract no later than 120 calendar days after PO issue date.
Mandatory Submission Requirements:
Experience and Qualifications
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. Must have completed a minimum of three (3) public (municipal, provincial or federal agencies) park projects within the last seven (7) years, each with a minimum value of $750,000.00 Canadian dollars each (excluding taxes), of similar scope, scale, and complexity. At least one of these projects must include environmental remediation of existing contaminated soils.
In order to prove they have the required experience, the Bidder must complete and submit the Experience and Qualifications Form as contained in Section 3, Tender Submission Package as part of their Tender submission and provide the following information:
• Project description, i.e. location, scope of work, project value;
• Approval authority contact along with telephone or e-mail information;
• Owner contact information (current, up to date);
• Consultant contact information (current, up to date) and;
• List of Sub-Contractors for each project.
Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement Information
Upon request the Bidder will be required to provide a copy of a valid Certificate of Recognition (COR™) or Equivalent (such as ISO 45001) OHS Certification in the legal name of the entity submitting the tender.
Bidders must possess and maintain a valid Certificate of Recognition (COR™) or an Equivalent (such as ISO 45001) OHS Certification for the duration of the Contract. (See Section 2 (6) of this tender for further details)
In the event that a copy of the valid Certificate cannot be produced within three (3) working days of the City contacting the bidder, the bidder must provide a valid certificate number. The City may refuse to award a contract to any bidder, including the lowest bidder, where the requested information has not been received within three (3) working days of the City contacting the bidder.