|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Demolition and reconstruction of the existing Tennis Courts and removal and replacement of the asphalt walkway|
Cummer Park – demolition and reconstruction of the existing Tennis Courts and removal and replacement of the asphalt walkway located west of the baseball diamond
Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Alma Salcedo at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please refer to Section 2 – Information for Bidders, Subsection - 3 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is three (3) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 92-2019|
and contract amount:
|Mopal Construction Ltd.|
|Date awarded:||July 19, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Divisional contact:||Joe Ferrara||Contact phone:|| 416-395-0165|
|Issue date:||April 2, 2019||Closing date:||April 24, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
92-2019 NOIP.pdf (84 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/02/2019 02:42:38 PM
92-2019 Viewing Copy.pdf (4335 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/02/2019 02:43:05 PM
TCN 92-2019 - Cummer Park Drawings.pdf (6427 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/02/2019 02:43:49 PM
TCN 92-2019 - Cummer Park TPP Drawings.pdf (6406 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/02/2019 02:44:28 PM
92-2019 Addendum No. 1.pdf (664 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/17/2019 10:02:39 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. A Mandatory Site Meeting will take place at 2:00 p.m. local time on April 11, 2019 on site. Meet with the City representative Joe Ferrara at the Tennis Courts at 6000 Leslie Street south of McNicoll Avenue, Toronto. Site meetings will not be available at any other times. |
Bidders must sign in with the City’s Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting during the designated date and time for their Bid to be considered.
Bids submitted by Bidders that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Salcedo, Alma||Phone number:||416-392-6057|
|Email:||email@example.com||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of $75,000.00 and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Payment Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24 month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
This call document is only available for purchase and download through the City of Toronto's Online Call Document System:
A non-refundable fee (shown above), is required for each call document.
Scope of Work The scope of work for this project will include but not be limited to:
1. The demolition and reconstruction of the existing Tennis Courts at Cummer Park located north-west of the Community Centre. The reconstruction work will include soil removals, new pavements, sub-drainage, chain link fencing, court markings, new lighting system, site furniture, tennis court posts & nets, sodding, minor foundation work and asphalt pathways around the tennis courts.
2. The removal and replacement of the asphalt walkway located west of the baseball diamond in Cummer Park. This work will include soil and asphalt removals, new asphalt paving, metal railings, culvert replacement and sodding. Restoration of the construction access route and temporary work to obtain access will also be required.
It is understood that time is of the essence for this project. The following key dates shall dictate the project work plan and shall form part of the Contract:
• Spring 2019 Supply lead time confirmation (ie. lighting etc) and shop drawing approvals
• Aug. 17, 2019 On-site work commencement (due to summer tennis camp schedule)
• Oct. 31, 2019 Substantial Performance
Mandatory Submission Requirements Experience and Qualifications
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. The Contractor must have completed at least three (3) Tennis Court Projects within the past five (5) years as General Contractor involving the construction of new or upgraded facilities
In order to prove they have the required experience, the Bidder should complete and submit the Experience and Qualifications Form as contained in Section 3, Tender Submission Package as part of their Tender submission and provide the following information:
• Project description, i.e. location, scope of work, project value and contract number;
• Approval authority contact along with telephone or e-mail information;
• Owner contact information;
• Consultant contact information (if applicable) and;
• List of Sub-Contractors for each project.
Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement Information
Bidders must possess and maintain a valid Certificate of Recognition (COR™) or an Equivalent OHS Certification, such as ISO 45001 for the duration of the Contract, The Successful Bidder shall provide a copy of a valid Certificate of Recognition (COR™) or Equivalent OHS Certification in the legal name of the entity submitting the tender within three (3) working days upon being contacted by the City prior to award.
Subcontractors will not be expected to hold COR certification, but they will be expected to adhere to the certified General Contractor’s Health and Safety Program.
"Certificate of Recognition (COR™)" means the nationally recognized occupational health and safety certification granted to qualifying firms by the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) of Ontario or its successor.
"Equivalent OHS Certification" means an occupational health and safety certification issued to qualifying firms by an independent third-party organization and accepted by the City (in the City's sole discretion) as equivalent to the Certificate of Recognition (COR ™), such as ISO 45001.