|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Allan Gardens Conservatory Renovation and Expansion|
ARIBA Doc1681110465 - Request for Tender for Allan Gardens Conservatory Renovation and Expansion
LINK TO PUBLIC POSTING ARIBA DISCOVERY:
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Transition to City's new Source-to-pay tool – SAP Ariba
As of September, 2018, the City of Toronto will launch an online Source-to-Pay tool utilizing SAP Ariba and begin to migrate the City's Solicitations (RFQs, RFPs etc.) from being posted on the City's Online Call Document System to being posted through SAP Ariba. It is important for all Suppliers to register on the SAP Ariba network in order to continue to be able to access City of Toronto Solicitations. For more information on this transition please visit: Upcoming Changes to Bidding on City Contracts.
Any questions about this transition should be directed to City Bids at: email@example.com
|Call Award||Call number: Notice71-2019|
and contract amount:
|ROSSCLAIR CONTRACTORS INC.|
|Date awarded:||October 18, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Divisional contact:||Bod Duguid||Contact phone:|| 416-392-1925|
|Issue date:||March 4, 2019||Closing date:||April 2, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
Doc1681110465 - Notice of Intended Procurement (71-2019).pdf (106 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/05/2019 11:56:04 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. A Mandatory Site Meeting will take place at 2:00 pm local time on Tuesday March 19, 2019 on site. Meet with the City representative in the Children's Conservatory at Allan Gardens Conservatory, located at 19 Horticultural Ave., Toronto. Site meetings will not be available at any other times. |
Bidders must sign in with the City’s Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting during the designated date and time for their Bid to be considered.
Bids submitted by Bidders that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Salcedo, Alma||Phone number:||416-392-6057|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the Bid amount and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Payment Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24 month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
Bidders must attach a scan of their Bid Bond as indicated in the Mandatory Submission Requirements subsection within Part 6 – Submission Items with their bid submission or the Bid will be declared Non-Compliant.
The original Bid Bond must be delivered to Alma Salcedo at 100 Queen St. West, 19th Floor West Tower, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2 within three (3) Business Days after the Closing Deadline or the Bid will be declared Non-Compliant.
Scope of Work Experience and Qualifications:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. Public Project Experiences: Must have successfully completed a minimum of three (3) public projects (federal, provincial, municipal government or related agency) of similar size, scope, and complexity, or greater, in the past seven (7) years, as a General Contractor;
Each of which comprised the following criteria;
• The final construction cost upon final completion of the project was a minimum of $2.0 million, CDN excluding HST.
• The execution of the project demonstrated efficient coordination of sub-trades and delivery of completed project on schedule based on original, Owner defined completion dates as determined at time of project award. If any project schedule was delayed or extended, explain why the delay or extension was not at the fault of the Contractor (Bidder).
2. Project Scope of Work Experience: In any project, public or private, successfully completed by the Bidder as the General Contractor, within the last seven (7) years, the Bidder's scope of work experience and qualifications must have included the following work;
• The project included advanced glazing system coordination and construction.
• The project included Custom Architectural metalwork.
• The project included programmable lighting systems.
3. Personnel Qualifications and Experience: The designated project manager and site superintendent for Allan Gardens Conservatory Renovations and Expansion each must have a minimum of five (5) years' experience as a project manager and superintendent, respectively, on completed construction projects with similar size, scope, and complexity, or greater to the Allan Gardens Project. It is not required that the project manager and site superintendent have worked on the same project.
It is important that the designated project manager and site superintendent be named, with accompanying indication of guaranteed availability. Continuity of these personnel will be required, with a contractual obligation for substitution only with full written approval of the City.