|Commodity:||Professional Services, Architectural Services |
|Description:||Edwards Gardens – Toronto Botanical Garden New Maintenance Yard|
For: Edwards Gardens – Toronto Botanical Garden New Maintenance Yard including: new driveway access, new service buildings, parking, loading, and storage facilities to support City of Toronto Park operations
Questions about this RFP should be directed in writing to Martin Suits at e-mail Martin.Suits@toronto.ca. For more information, please refer to Section 4.4 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is four (4) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 9118-19-5017|
and contract amount:
|Edwards Gardens – Toronto Botanical Garden New Maintenance Yard|
|Aecom Canada Architects Ltd|
|Date awarded:||June 12, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Issue date:||February 26, 2019||Closing date:||March 27, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
9118-19-5017 NOIP.pdf (81 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/26/2019 02:14:55 PM
9118-19-5017 Viewing Copy Only.pdf (1304 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/26/2019 02:15:23 PM
9118-19-5017 Addendum No. 1.pdf (662 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/15/2019 09:10:33 AM
9118-19-5017 Addendum No. 2.pdf (706 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/20/2019 01:07:05 PM
9118-19-5017 Addendum No. 3.pdf (93 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/22/2019 12:41:49 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Interested Proponents must attend the site /information meeting to familiarize themselves with the Project and ascertain the full extent of the work required. Proposals submitted by Proponents that did not attend the mandatory site /information meeting shall be declared informal and will not be considered. Individuals attending the meeting must sign in and clearly indicate on the sign in sheet the name of the firm they are representing.|
Proponents to meet at Edwards Gardens – West Driveway Entrance off The Bridal Path at 10:00 AM on March 6, 2019.
|Buyer:||Suits, Martin||Phone number:||416-392-7172|
|Email:||Martin.Suits@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
Mandatory Submission Requirements:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PROPONENT
PROPONENT'S PROJECT EXPERIENCE
• Proponents to demonstrate previous successful involvement and experience in five (5) similar projects in the last ten (10) years that include new building(s) or building addition(s) and site work.
• Reference Projects provided to have value of not less than $1.5M in new building or building addition and site work construction.
• Projects completed for municipalities, or other similar clients are preferred. Higher scores will be awarded to projects that address more of the specified criteria.
PROPOSED STAFF TEAM AND RESOURCES:
• PROPOSED TEAM & STAFF RESOURCES:
• With projects of similar size, scope, scale and complexity.
• Experience with approval processes.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with all applicable current regulations, including, the Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, Plumbing Code, Ontario Health and Safety Act, City of Toronto’s Accessibility Design Guideline, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all its amendments, Ministry of Health requirements, City of Toronto Green Roof policy.
• Proven ability to work with municipal staff and public bodies.
• Indication of design professionals and design team (prime and sub-consultants) for this project, demonstrating leadership, facilitation, co-ordination, project management skills and ability to work as a team player in an integrated team approach.
• Demonstrate that key staff including senior staff and sub-consultants assigned to this project has related experience, knowledge, creative solutions, familiarity and appropriate technical skills to work on this project. Submit one (1) page resume that also demonstrates related experience.
• Availability of assigned staff and commitment to project.
• Project principal with over 15 years' experience and qualification.
• Senior project staff assigned to project – minimum 10 years' experience.
• Support staff with appropriate technical skills minimum 3 years' experience assigned to project.
• Assigned lead sub-consultants experience and qualifications (over 15 years)
• Project team guaranteed availability and strategies for replacement.
• Demonstrated ability and experience to carry out all aspects of the projects.
Scope of Work The scope of work shall include but not be limited to the following:
SCOPE OF WORK:
The purpose of this project is to provide a new park maintenance yard, including: new driveway access, new service buildings, parking, loading, and storage facilities to support City of Toronto Park operations at Edwards Gardens and Toronto Botanical Garden.
The primary objective of the work described by this RFP is for a Proponent to carry out the consulting services, including investigation, scope definition, design, coordination, contract documentation, contract administration and project close-out services for the construction of the new maintenance yard, and associated buildings, site works and site services.