|Commodity:||Construction Services, Asphalt paving |
|Description:||Concrete Apron Construction, Concrete Sidewalk and Asphalt Pavement Replacement at 115 Parkway Forest Drive|
BIDS ARE REQUESTED FOR: Concrete Apron Construction, Concrete Sidewalk and Asphalt Pavement Replacement at 115 Parkway Forest Drive, Toronto, Ontario.
Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Renato Buensuceso at e-mail Renato.Buensuceso@toronto.ca. The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is three (3) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 302-2018|
and contract amount:
|Atlas Paving Co. Inc.|
|Date awarded:||March 20, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Facilities Design & Construction|
|Divisional contact:||Joe Bandl||Contact phone:|| 416-392-8519|
|Issue date:||December 19, 2018||Closing date:||January 31, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
302-2018 NOIP.pdf (82 Kbytes) - Posted on 12/19/2018 12:10:53 PM
302-2018 Viewing Copy Only.pdf (8009 Kbytes) - Posted on 12/19/2018 12:11:59 PM
302-2018 - Addendum No. 1.pdf (1604 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/21/2019 03:43:41 PM
302-2018 - Addendum No. 2.pdf (871 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/28/2019 12:02:06 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Site meeting to be held on January 16, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at front door to the building at 115 Parkway Forest Drive, Toronto, Ontario.|
|Buyer:||Buensuceso, Renato||Phone number:||416-392-4315|
|Email:||Renato.Buensuceso@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
Bid Bond: 10% of Total Bid Price.
Scope of Work:
The Contractor will be responsible for providing all the necessary resources to carry out, but not limited to, the following activities related to this project:
Concrete Apron (In front of Fire Truck Entrance and Back Entrance)
• Remove existing pavement structure to a maximum depth of 300 mm below proposed grade and dispose of off-site;
• Regrade, proof-roll the exposed granular to define any “soft-spots” and replace incompetent material with a minimum 300 mm thick of 19 mm CRL (TS 1010);
• Dress exposed granular surface with 50 mm of 19 mm CRL (TS 1010) and compact;
• Install 250 mm of 32 MPa Class C2, 48hr high early concrete, 5-8% air entrained. Provide impregnation (separation) boards abutting building floor slab/wall (TS 3.40), and deformed tie bars at longitudinal construction joints; and
• Saw-cut of the contraction joints spacing should not exceed 4.5 metres, with a minimum depth of 62.5 mm and maximum depth of 82.5 mm (i.e. 75 mm ± 10 mm) and should not be located along the wheel paths of the fire trucks.
Heavy Duty Asphalt (EMS Front Entrance and Driveway)
• Excavate and dispose of offsite the existing pavement (asphalt and granular) to an approximate depth of 170 mm below the proposed finish grade;
• Regrade, proof-roll and repair any “soft spots” and replace incompetent material with a minimum 300 mm thick of 19 mm CRL (TS 1010);
• Dress the area with 50 mm thick of 19 mm CRL (TS 1010), and compact the material;
• Install HL8 HS PGAC 64-28 XJ hot mix asphalt (TS 1150) to a compacted thickness of 80 mm with a minimum 92.5% of Maximum Relative Density (MRD) complying with TS 310, and
• Install HL3 HS PGAC 64-28 XJ hot mix asphalt (TS 1150), to a compacted thickness of 40 mm with a minimum 92.5% of MRD complying with TS 310.
Light Duty Asphalt (Rear Parking Lot)
• Excavate and dispose of offsite the existing pavement (asphalt and granular) to an approximate depth of 150 mm below the proposed finish grade;
• Regrade, proof-roll and repair any “soft spots”;
• Redress the entire area with 50 mm thick of 19 mm CRL (TS 1010), and compact the material;
• Install HL8 PGAC 58-28 hot mix asphalt (TS 1150) to a compacted thickness of 60 mm with a minimum MRD of 92.5% complying with TS 310;
• Install HL3 PGAC 58-28 hot mix asphalt (TS 1150), to a compacted thickness of 40 mm with a minimum MRD of 92.5% complying with TS 310, and
• Install pavement markings as per Drawing No. 5.
• Clear/remove existing debris and soil to expose existing curb line in the northeast corner of the parking lot;
• Replace frame and grate at all catch basin locations; and
• Remove and replace existing interlock pavers, concrete curb, pre-cast slabs and granular material to a depth of 350 mm. Regrade, proof-roll and repair any “soft spots”. Place 200 mm of 19 mm Crusher Run Limestone and compact. Install 150 mm thick of concrete slab with monolithic curb as applicable. Concrete shall be Class C2 concrete, 5-8% air entrained. Install two (2) accessibility ramps at the locations as shown in Drawing No. 4. Accessibility ramp shall be in accordance with City of Toronto’s Accessibility Guidelines.
• Clean all catch basins and manhole from dirt and debris and flush clean.
Working hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday work or extended hours of work is permitted with prior notification and/or written approval/authorization by the City of Toronto.
Weekend and Holiday work will be required in order to meet the scheduled deadlines and completion dates.
No overtime charges will be allowed/paid if this work is required.
Please Note: The entire project MUST be 100% complete on or before Friday August 30, 2019,
Liquidated Damages will apply to the Contractor at $1,000.00 per day as per section 5A Specific Conditions of Contract, Item 15. Liquidated Damages.