|Commodity:||Construction Services, Bridge Repairs |
|Description:||Rehabilitation of ID 514 Coxwell Ave. bridge under Metrolinx rail, Mi. 329.80, south of Hanson St|
Bids are invited for Rehabilitation of ID 514 Coxwell Ave. bridge under Metrolinx rail, Mi. 329.80, south of Hanson St, all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.
|Call Award||Call number: 279-2018|
and contract amount:
|Grascan Torbridge Construction Ltd|
|Date awarded:||January 30, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Capital Works Delivery|
|Divisional contact:||Andrew Cheung||Contact phone:|| 416-338-2853|
|Issue date:||November 1, 2018||Closing date:||November 27, 2018|
at 12:00 Noon
Tender 279-2018 Notice of Intended Procurement.pdf (60 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/01/2018 12:42:32 PM
279-2018 Addendum 1.pdf (37 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/09/2018 04:13:30 PM
279-2018 Addendum 3.pdf (29 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/20/2018 02:46:32 PM
279-2018 Addendum 2.pdf (1065 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/20/2018 03:03:59 PM
279-2018 Addendum 4.pdf (1745 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/22/2018 11:02:34 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Please note that there will be a second Mandatory Site Meeting for bidders. The second Mandatory Site Meeting will be held on Wednesday November 14, 2018 at 10:00am on site for the Rehabilitation of Coxwell Avenue Bridge under Metrolinx Rail, Mi. 329.80. |
Please note that bidders who had attended the first Mandatory Site Meeting are not required to attend the second site meeting.
Bidders must have attended at least one of the two mandatory site meetings in order to be eligible to bid.
|Buyer:||Kysym, Christina||Phone number:||416-338-5926|
|Email:||Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor, West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
BID BOND: 10% of Bid Amount
CONTRACT NO. 18ECS-TI-04BE
This call document is only available for purchase through the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto, and is not available for purchase and download online.
A non-refundable fee (shown above) in the form of Credit card, Debit card, cash or cheque payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto, is required for each call document.
Bidders must make their own arrangements for payment and pick-up of this call document.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Coxwell Avenue Bridge is located within Toronto East York region, on the boundary line between Ward 30 and Ward 32. The bridge is between Hanson Street and Casci Avenue.
• Work in this Contract generally covers the structural rehabilitation and traffic control of the Coxwell Avenue Bridge under Metrolinx Rail, Mi. 329.80, and includes but is not limited to the following major items of work:
• Remove asphalt wearing surface;
• Remove light fixtures;
• Remove deteriorated concrete on soffit;
• Remove deteriorated concrete on wingwalls and retaining walls;
• Remove concrete on abutments for refacing;
• Remove concrete encasements around outer pier columns;
• Remove central concrete barrier wall;
• Remove concrete curb and sidewalk;
• Install new bearing stiffeners on pier cap girders;
• Jack bridge onto temporary supports;
• Remove flared vertical steel gusset plates, base plates, and cleat angles from columns;
• Remove concrete in foundation around bases of columns;
• Remove steel coating system and clean steelwork;
• Remove steel railings from bridge;
• Remove concrete stairs and railings;
• Remove wearing surface along Southwest pedestrian walkway;
• Remove existing traffic signs;
• Repair concrete on soffit through proprietary patching products;
• Patch repair and seal cracks on wing walls and retaining walls
• Install new concrete facing for abutments;
• Apply new sealer to concrete surfaces;
• Install new trainman’s walkways on bridge to Metrolinx standard;
• Install strengthening plates to outside of flanges and webs of columns;
• Repair concrete foundation at base of columns;
• Install new steel base plates and cleat angles;
• Construct new concrete encasements around outer pier columns;
• Construct new central concrete barrier wall;
• Construct new combined concrete curb and sidewalk;
• Repair damaged/deteriorated sections of the ballast girder;
• Install new steel coating system;
• Install new concrete stairs meeting AODA requirements;
• Re-pave asphalt pedestrian path
• Install new asphalt wearing surface;
• Design and install new lighting system, with bird proofing;
• Install new traffic signs; and
• Repair south crash cushion attenuator.
The Contractor is to commence work within four (4) days of receiving a written Order to Commence from the City of Toronto or the Contract Administrator.
The anticipated award date will not be earlier than December 1, 2018
The Order to Commence will be given not before seven (7) calendar days from the anticipated award date but not later than sixty-three (63) calendar days from the anticipated award date.
The Contractor shall not commence site work before April 1, 2019 or before being directed by the Contract Administrator to commence site work.
Regardless of the date of award of the contract or the date of the Order to Commence or the date of the order to commence site work, the Contractor will be required to complete all work under this Contract, including all site restorations, clean up and the rectification of any and all deficiencies within Eighteen (18) calendar weeks of receiving the order to commence site work from the Contract Administrator. The Contractor will be advised of the start and completion dates in the order to commence site work.
Work that can commence after the Order to Commence is given, but before the order to commence site work, shall include the locating of utilities on site, preparing shop drawings, securing approvals and ordering materials. Site work, with the exception of the locating of utilities, is not to start until directed in writing by the Contract Administrator.
The award of the contract and the order to commence are conditional on all approvals being in place. Continuous operation shall be carried out until the work is completed.
The project shall be divided into the following 2 phases:
Phase 1 - i. Work on the east side and centre of the bridge, with the southbound lanes open to traffic and the northbound lanes closed
Phase 2 - i. Work on the west side of the bridge and the southwest stairs and pathway, with the southbound lanes open to traffic but shifted to the east side of the bridge, and the northbound lanes closed
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. In the past ten (10) years, the Bidder must have achieved Substantial Completion including testing and commissioning within the meaning of the Construction Lien Act, as the General Contractor, on two (2) bridge projects, each with a dollar value in excess of $2,500,000.00 (excluding HST) or three (3) bridge projects with an aggregate dollar value of $6,000,000.00 (excluding HST) total, involving bridge rehabilitation/improvement work on or over arterial roadway (as defined by the respective jurisdictional transport authority) in Canada. At least one (1) of the bridges must be a rail bridge over roadway.
2. The Bidder’s subcontractor for structural steel cleaning and coating must have successfully completed at least one (1) bridge coating project with a dollar value in excess of $600,000.00 involving cleaning and coating structural steel and environmental protection in Ontario or three (3) coating projects with similar experience with a dollar value in excess of $1,500,000.00 in other provinces in the past five (5) years.