|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Scale Pits Wall Rehabilitation, Curb Replacement & Pavement Resurfacing @ Victoria Park Transfer Stn.|
Tenders are invited for VICTORIA PARK TRANSFER STATION SCALE PITS WALL REHABILITATION, CURB REPLACEMENT & PAVEMENT RESURFACING
|Call Award||Call number: 226-2018|
and contract amount:
|Martinway Contracting Ltd|
|Date awarded:||May 1, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Engineering Services|
|Issue date:||October 26, 2018||Closing date:||February 1, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
NOIP 226-2018.pdf (58 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/26/2018 10:10:22 AM
Tender 226-2018 - Viewing Copy.pdf (3905 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/26/2018 11:09:32 AM
226-2018 Addendum 1.pdf (302 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/15/2018 03:44:14 PM
226-2018 Addendum 2.pdf (74 Kbytes) - Posted on 12/07/2018 08:28:51 AM
226-2018 Addendum 3.pdf (151 Kbytes) - Posted on 12/17/2018 01:28:03 PM
226-2018 Addendum 4.pdf (200 Kbytes) - Posted on 12/19/2018 10:38:10 AM
226-2018 Addendum 5.pdf (83 Kbytes) - Posted on 12/28/2018 09:06:50 AM
226-2018 Addendum 6.pdf (169 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/08/2019 01:52:19 PM
226-2018 Addendum 7.pdf (166 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/21/2019 07:20:48 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Mandatory Site Meeting|
Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved.
The Mandatory Site Meeting will take place on November 14, 2018 @ 10:00 a.m. at the Victoria Park Transfer Station located at 3350 Victoria Park Ave., Toronto. Meet with the City representative in the parking lot beside the scale house.
Note: Hard hats, high visibility vests or clothing and safety boots are mandatory.
|Buyer:||Morgan, Mary Ann||Phone number:||416-338-5582|
|Email:||MaryAnn.Morgan@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 17th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
Scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
A. Scale Pit
1. Temporarily remove, one at a time, the existing inbound/outbound scale decks and supporting beams for underside deck repair and metal refinishing/re-coating.
2. Perform concrete repairs inside the inbound/outbound scale pits. This includes repairing cracks, spalled concrete surfaces (with or without exposed rebars), corroded form ties holes, leaking form tie holes.
3. Remove all miscellaneous metals and conduits in the scale pits and perform local repairs after removals. Keep safe and restore specific items as indicated in the Contract Drawings.
4. Reinstall, one at a time, inbound/outbound scale decks after all repairs are completed. Ensure the scale deck cells are properly recalibrated to meet Measurement Canada truck scale standards.
5. Reinstate all disturbed areas on site as a result of the construction activities as per the Contract Drawings and to original condition or better.
B. Curb Replacement & Pavement Resurfacing
1. Contractor is to carry out his own survey and utility locate prior to any civil work.
2. Review geotechnical report and any presence of asbestos.
3. Install erosion and sediment control measures as shown on Contract Drawing.
4. Remove and dispose offsite the existing curb, asphalt and granular materials for pavement areas to the required depths as shown on Contract Drawings.
5. Proof roll subgrade and identify any soft spots for repair.
6. Adjust catch basin/manhole covers.
7. Install subdrain, curb, granular base, concrete pavement and asphalt pavement as shown on contract documents in accordance with relevant codes and standards.
8. Install line painting to match pre-construction locations.
9. Reinstate all disturbed areas on site as a result of the construction activities as per the Contract Drawings and to original condition or better.
10. The above description is general only and must not be construed as limiting the scope of work.
COMPLETE DOCUMENT INCLUDING ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND DRAWINGS IS AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING AT TORONTO CITY HALL, 100 QUEEN STREET WEST, TORONTO, ON, M5H 2N2, 19TH FLOOR WEST TOWER BETWEEN 8:30AM - 4PM M-F.