|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Clark Centre for the Arts, Construction |
BIDS ARE REQUESTED FOR: All labour, materials, equipment and supervision for Construction Services for the Clark Centre for the Arts Addition and Renovation to Building 191 at Guild Park and Gardens, 191/201 Guildwood Parkway.
Bids will be accepted only from those firms that were pre-qualified under the Request for Pre-Qualification (RTP) No. 3907-18-5025
Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Mike Voelker, CSCMP. at e-mail email@example.com. For more information, please refer to Section 2.3 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is four (4) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 224-2018|
and contract amount:
|Atlas Constructors Inc.|
|Date awarded:||March 13, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Economic Development & Culture|
|Divisional contact:||Barb McLean ||Contact phone:|| 416-392-8253|
|Issue date:||September 12, 2018||Closing date:||October 31, 2018|
at 12:00 Noon
224-2018 - NOIP.pdf (80 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/12/2018 08:33:13 AM
224-2018 Addendum No. 1.pdf (139 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/12/2018 08:33:35 AM
224-2018 Addendum No. 2.pdf (88 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/13/2018 09:15:06 AM
224-2018 Addendum No. 3.pdf (153 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/17/2018 03:47:46 PM
224-2018 Addendum No. 4.pdf (5287 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/28/2018 10:05:03 AM
224-2018 Addendum No. 5.pdf (6207 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/03/2018 12:48:08 PM
224-2018 Addendum No. 6.pdf (84 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/05/2018 01:04:31 PM
224-2018 Adedndum No. 7.pdf (8887 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/17/2018 08:26:08 AM
224-2018 Addendum No. 8.pdf (1755 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/17/2018 01:36:06 PM
224-2018 Addendum No. 9.pdf (29 Kbytes) - Posted on 10/23/2018 03:35:05 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||A Mandatory Site Meeting will take place at 10:00 am local time on September 19, 2018 on site. Meet with the City representative outside Building 191, Guild Park and Gardens, 191/201 Guildwood Parkway, Toronto. Site meetings will not be available at any other times. |
Bidders must sign in with the City’s Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting during the designated date and time for their Bid to be considered.
Bids submitted by Bidders that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Voelker, Mike||Phone number:||416-338-0487|
|Email:||Mike.Voelker@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the Bid amount and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Payment Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24-month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
The scope of work shall include but not be limited to the following:
• Renovations include creating 2 new studio spaces on the existing ground and second floors to include a new main stair and elevator, universal and public washrooms, general purpose room, office and reception area, new exit stair to the 2nd floor and associated circulation gallery and amenities.
• Renovations include insulating the existing exterior walls and cleaning repairing/ restoring the existing exterior walls.
• Abatement of asbestos containing textured coatings and door and window caulking.
• Demolition of major building components is required to accommodate the proposed changes.
• The addition includes a new 2 story high lobby and vestibule. The addition also includes a 315 s.m. third floor structure skewed above the existing building while extending over the lobby on steel columns. The third floor includes 2 studio spaces a shared wet room, washrooms and associated circulation and amenities.
• Exterior finishes – traditional stucco clad addition and cleaning of existing stucco
• Interior finishes – Polished Concrete, Carpet, Resilient Sheet flooring, Gypsum Board, Ceramic Tile, Acoustic Ceiling panels etc.
• Development of vehicle and pedestrian access and parking from the existing parking lot to the Clark Centre for the Arts
• Development of the area around the building including hard and soft landscaping
• Tree removals and Tree protection with Arborist oversight. Native tree, shrub and ground cover planting.
• Various hard paving surfaces both permeable and non-permeable.
• Drop off and service zones, barrier free ramps, curbs, bike stands and bollards
• Amenities including lighting, park furniture, wayfinding, and recycling.
• Installation of green roof on lower roof.
• The Building has new domestic water service (to be relocated), new sanitary service (to be connected). New hydro service to be provided. Relocation of gas service to be ordered.
• Installation of a fire main and fire hydrant
• Surface Drainage in the loop road
• Storm Water Management: surface drainage to maintain percentage of permeable and non-permeable surfaces
• Erosion and Sediment Control
• The 3rd floor addition is structurally independent from the original building. The new floor and roof will stand on a series of steel columns. The new block stairways and elevator shaft will also take some of the load. Along with the north wall they will also act as bracing.
• The ground floor slab will be replaced.
• Existing steel web joists at the 2nd floor and roof will be demolished where the new shafts penetrate the existing construction and will be replaced by new ones.
• New domestic and sanitary system
• The whole building sprinkler system
• HVAC, 3 gas fired packaged roof-top units, Make up Air unit, Exhaust Fans
• Exposed spiral ductwork
• New exterior transformer with disconnect
• New electrical supply to all equipment and lights in the building
• New fire alarm system, elevator, telecommunications system, security system and emergency power.
Please refer to the Specifications accompanying this document under separate cover for a detailed description.