Scope of work:
3.1 General Requirements and Specifications
Unless otherwise specified by the Contract Administrator, the requirements and specifications mentioned in this section apply to all work performed under this Contract.
3.1.1 General Traffic Data Collection Guidelines
• The Vendor shall carry out all traffic data collection activities required to collect the data specified in this assignment. This includes planning, organizing, scheduling, conducting, supervising, processing, summarizing and performing quality control for all data collection activities to ensure quality traffic data is collected and delivered to the City.
• Traffic data collection activities shall not be carried out during the following periods:
Any day proceeding a Holiday.
Canadian Statutory Holidays and Civic Holidays.
The week of Christmas and New Year.
The week of March Break – exact dates will be provided by the Contract Administrator.
Any period of inclement weather (i.e. snow, ice, heavy rain, heavy fog etc.).
Any period of atypical traffic flow conditions (i.e. construction activity, lane closures, road closures, special events etc.). It is the Vendor's responsibility to check for any road restrictions on the City's website prior to scheduling data collection activities.
• The Vendor shall be responsible for inspecting field equipment as needed to ensure that the equipment is free from defects, vandalism or other causes that may affect the quality of the data collected.
• In the event that the data provided to the City is invalid for reasons that the Vendor is responsible for, the Vendor will be obliged to recount the location at no additional cost to the City.
• All data provided to the City shall be aggregated to fifteen (15) minute intervals and shall be exact data as collected in the field. No factoring or interpolation of data is permitted.
3.1.2 General Administration
• Traffic data collection requests will be supplied by the City on an "as needed" basis. Exact locations and quantities cannot be guaranteed.
• Each request for data collection provided by the City will include a date when the results of the data collected is required. The Vendor shall provide the results of the collected data prior to the requested delivery date. A reasonable delivery date will be provided by City staff and shall not be less than two (2) weeks from the submittal date.
• Any data submitted by the Vendor after the requested delivery date may not be accepted at the discretion of the Contract Administrator. The Vendor shall not receive compensation for any data that is not accepted by the City.
• From time to time, the City will request that data collection be performed on a specific date. The City shall provide a minimum of one (1) week notice for such requests.
• All traffic data collected under this Contract shall be submitted electronically to an email address provided by the Contract Administrator and be made available for download on the Vendor's own server/webpage. The server/webpage is the sole responsibility of the Vendor.
• The Vendor shall provide a means of tracking the progress of each data collection request. Progress tracking shall include at minimum the following:
The type of data collection requested, the location of the data collection and the name of the client requesting the data collection.
At least 48 hours in advance, the planned or scheduled date of the data collection request.
The actual start date of the data collection.
The completion date of the data collection.
The current status of the request. For example, processing data, completed, invoiced etc.
• There may be situations when multiple data collection requests are required to be conducted simultaneously. It is the Vendor's responsibility to coordinate and schedule these count requests in such a manner that they are conducted at the same time.
• The Vendor shall be fully responsible for obtaining and maintaining the necessary authorization and/or permits required to carry out the work specified as part of this Contract.
• The Vendor shall be permitted to install data collection equipment on the City's right-of-way provided that the equipment will be used to collect data that is requested as part of this Contract only.
• All data collection equipment used as part of the work in this Contract shall be approved by the Contract Administrator.
• Any traffic/parking tickets, penalties or fines incurred by the Vendor shall be the sole responsibility of the Vendor and the City will not provide compensation for any such fines.