|Commodity:||Construction Services, Sewer repair and maintenance |
|Description:||Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall|
Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall
|Call Award||Call number: 113-2018|
and contract amount:
|Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall|
|Southland Mole of Canada/Astadi Can Design & Construction Joint Venture|
|Date awarded:||January 24, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Engineering Services|
|Issue date:||May 10, 2018||Closing date:||July 26, 2018|
at 12:00 Noon
Addendum 1 - 113-2018.pdf (67 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/10/2018 03:17:35 PM
Addendum 2 -113-2018.pdf (1428 Kbytes) - Posted on 05/22/2018 04:29:53 PM
Addendum 3 - 113-2018.pdf (1269 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/05/2018 02:11:16 PM
Addendum 4 -113-2018.pdf (1128 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/19/2018 02:28:54 PM
Addendum 5 - 113-2018 with two attachements..pdf (627 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/29/2018 08:23:41 AM
Addendum 6 - 113-2018 with two attachements.pdf (2781 Kbytes) - Posted on 07/11/2018 12:14:22 PM
Addendum 7 - 113-2018 with four attachements.pdf (4621 Kbytes) - Posted on 07/13/2018 01:43:59 PM
Addendum 8 - 113-2018 with three attachements.pdf (5840 Kbytes) - Posted on 07/19/2018 02:42:12 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||OPTIONAL Site Meeting to be held on: May 23, 2018 @ 1:00 p.m., local time at the Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant, located at 9 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario|
|Buyer:||Yang, Aimee||Phone number:||416-397-4803|
|Email:||Aimee.Yang@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
NOTE: Addendum 6 - Attachments 3-18 are provided in a CD format and CD is only available to pick up at the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto ON. There is no additional cost for the CD
NOTE: Addendum 5 Revised Section 4 -Scope of Work is provided in a CD format and CD is only available to pick up at the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto ON. There is no additional cost for the CD
Tender Call No: 113-2018
Contract No: 18ECS-MI-03AB
Issued: May 07, 2018
Bid Bond Amount (Enter 2.5% of Bid)
NOTE: This call document is only available for purchase through the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto ON, and is not available for purchase and download online.
A non-refundable fee (shown above) in the form of cash, credit card (American Express, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted) or cheque payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto, is required for each call document.
Bidders must make their own arrangements for payment and pick-up of this call document.
NOTE: CD with drawings is included with the Tender (attached to the last page).
NOTE: Addendum 4 Section 4 -Scope of Work is provided in a CD format and CD is only available to pick up at the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto ON. There is no additional cost for the CD
The following firms have been pre-qualified to bid on this Tender-113-2018:
1. Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
2. Cooperativa Muratori & Cementisti di Ravenna Societa' Cooperativa
3. McNally/Traylor JV
4. Southland Mole of Canada/Astaldi Canada Design & Construction JV
5. Strabag Inc.
1. BAM International
2. McNally/Traylor JV
3. Southland Mole of Canada/Astaldi Canada Design & Construction JV
Scope of Work:
The Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant (ABTP) is the largest wastewater treatment plant operated by the City. The ABTP has a rated average design capacity of 818 Mega-Litres per Day (ML/d). The plant treats wastewater from a combined sewer system, and can receive peak instantaneous flows in excess of 3,200 ML/d.
The new Outfall design capacity is 3,923 ML/d. The Outfall will convey treated effluent from the ABTP and disperse it into Lake Ontario. The scope of work includes:
• Construction of an onshore shaft, approximately 85 m deep with an excavated diameter of 16 m
• Construction of a tunnel, approximately 3,500 m long, with a 7 m finished diameter tunnelled through Georgian Bay Formation Shale bedrock, beneath Lake Ontario
• Manufacture, supply, transport, temporary storage and erection a Precast Concrete Tunnel Lining (PCTL) system
• Supply of a shielded Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) including all trailing gear. Assembly and launching of a TBM within the Outfall shaft
• Provision of marine equipment and barges
• Construction of fifty (50) risers, 1000 mm internal diameter, extending from the top of the tunnel to the lakebed and constructed along the diffuser length, located approximately 2,500 to 3,500 m off-shore
• Supply and application of copper nickel coating system for riser pipes and ports
• Construction of reinforced concrete effluent channels (constructed on piles) extending from the plant effluent channels to the Outfall shaft
• Supply of bulkhead gates and associated storage racks
• Construction of access roads and installation of site lighting
• Site work including demolition, removals and temporary grading, to accommodate tunnelling construction equipment, tunnelling waste, access road and traffic management, consultant and contractor facilities, utilities, site security, and groundwater, wastewater, and stormwater management
• Supply and installation of level sensor instrumentation and wiring
• Supply of temporary power, water supply, sanitary sewers and other utility systems
• Project surveying to comply with strict tolerances when positioning risers horizontally and vertically
• Restoration of working compounds
• Coordination with adjacent contracts
• Final commissioning and testing of all installed facilities and equipment
The description of work is general in nature, and is not a complete description of the requirements of the project. Refer to the Contract Documents for the full scope and details.
The Work of this Contract includes, but is not limited to, labour, products, equipment and materials, tools, supervision, installation, construction, fabrication, testing, commissioning, maintenance, removals and disposal.