Scope of work:
The City of Toronto, under the direction of the Chief Transformation Officer, is inviting Proposals from qualified firms with the proven skills, resources, and relevant experience for the purpose of carrying out a holistic and objective end to end review of the City’s Development Review Process across relevant City divisions, Agencies and Corporations.
The review will recommend improvements that will ensure that the City’s Development Review Process:
- is efficient and effective;
- provides clarity, certainty, and transparency to applicants and the public; and
- results in good city-building outcomes.
At the end of the engagement, the Vendor will deliver to the City all the data gathered, and all the analysis performed. In addition, the Vendor will work with the City’s Project Lead to ensure the City’s Project Lead and a small group of City Staff selected by the City’s Project Lead understand how the data was collected, how the analysis was performed, and how the recommendations were created. All information must be submitted in a standard format.
The Vendor shall prepare a final report in April 2018 that shall be in a report format satisfactory to the City Project Manager and shall include standard business report components including but not limited to:
- Executive Summary;
- Table of Contents;
- Current State Findings;
- Options considered and the rationale, benefits, limitations and cost estimates of each;
- Recommendations and Rationale on enhancement and improvement options;
- Risks and Implications; and
- Roles, Responsibilities and action required for continuous improvement
- Implementation Roadmap and timetable.
The Vendor shall make such revisions to the draft documents as may be requested by the City prior to finalization.
A final report on this initiative is expected to be presented to Planning and Growth Management Committee at its May 2018 meeting.