|Commodity:||Construction Services, Bridge Repairs |
|Description:||Crescent Town Pedestrian Bridge Structural Rehabilitation|
Bids are invited for Crescent Town Pedestrian Bridge Structural Rehabilitation, all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.
All questions concerning this Tender should be directed in writing to Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca or fax (416) 397-7779.
The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is 3 working days before closing time and date. (For further details, refer to Section 2 of the Tender, Item 3. Questions)
|Call Award||Call number: 183-2019|
and contract amount:
|Bob Hendricksen Construction|
|Date awarded:||September 9, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Capital Works Delivery|
|Divisional contact:||Sun Wai Lee|
|Issue date:||June 12, 2019||Closing date:||July 5, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
183-2019 - NOIP - 19ECS-TI-15BE - rev.pdf (183 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/12/2019 02:48:32 PM
183-2019 - Drawings Attachment.pdf (7272 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/12/2019 02:50:11 PM
183-2019 - Viewing Copy.pdf (7596 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/12/2019 02:58:48 PM
183-2019 - Addendum No. 1.pdf (8616 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/26/2019 10:48:08 AM
183-2019 Addendum No. 2.pdf (685 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/27/2019 02:46:35 PM
183-2019 Addendum No. 2 Emergency Shoring Drawings.pdf (368 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/27/2019 02:46:50 PM
183-2019 Addendum No. 2 Existing Bridge Combined.pdf (3373 Kbytes) - Posted on 06/27/2019 02:47:12 PM
183-2019 - Addendum No. 3.pdf (64 Kbytes) - Posted on 07/02/2019 12:01:24 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Mandatory site meeting to be held on June 21, 2019 at 10:30 am at the north entrance to TTC Victoria Park Station, 777 Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto.|
|Buyer:||Kysym, Christina||Phone number:||416-338-5926|
|Email:||Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor, West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
BID BOND: 10% of Bid Amount
CONTRACT NO. 19ECS-TI-15BE
This call document is available for purchase and download online on our website.
Please see the attachments posted on our website.
A non-refundable fee in the form of Credit card, Debit card, cash or cheque payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto, is required for each call document.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Crescent Town Pedestrian Bridge Structural Rehabilitation.
• The Project bridge spans Victoria Park Avenue at approximately 777 Victoria Park Avenue joining Dentonia Park and TTC Victoria Park Station in Ward 20.
• Work in this Contract generally consists of the structural rehabilitation of Crescent Town Pedestrian Bridge. The work shall include but not be limited to the following:
• Supply, installation, maintenance and removal of all traffic control components (signs, barricades, fences, barriers, delineators, pavement markings, flaggers, crash trucks etc.) to accommodate safe passage of vehicular and pedestrian traffic during all construction stages.
• Supply, installation, maintenance and removal of all hoarding required to access the work area and separate the work area from the open pedestrian areas of the bridge.
• Installation of tree protection and removal of trees.
• Jacking of bridge superstructure.
• Replacement of bridge bearings.
• Protection of surface mounted conduits.
• Removal of deteriorated concrete at bridge piers, deck, roof, girders, mullions, and abutments.
• Concrete repair of bridge piers, deck, roof, girders, mullions, and abutments.
• Refacing of pier caps including cathodic protection.
• Replacement of expansion joints in deck.
• Installation of new rooftop expansion joint covers.
• Modification of existing roof beams and installation of new roof guardrail.
• Replacement of west entrance pavers with concrete overlay.
• Cleaning of roof deck drains.
• Removal of existing roof waterproofind.
• Application of new torch-applied 2-ply SBS modified bituminous roofing system.
• Application of concrete sealer.
• Application of non-slip floor coating.
• Installation of louvers.
The portion of the work that does not require access via the Hydro One Right-of-Way, including all work within the bridge and below the bridge, including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies, must be completed within 21 calendar weeks and by no later than December 31, 2019. The portion of the work requiring access via the Hydro One Right-of-Way, including all work on the roof of the bridge and work at the south face of the bridge within the Hydro One Right-of-Way including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies, must be completed by July 31, 2020.
If the City obtains the Easement Agreement with Hydro One and notifies the Contractor prior to November 1, 2019, the 2020 construction season will be cancelled and the entire Contract, including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies must be completed no later than December 31, 2019.
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. In the past ten (10) years, the Bidder must have achieved Substantial Completion including testing and commissioning within the meaning of the Construction Lien Act, as the General Contractor, two (2) bridge rehabilitation/construction projects, each with a dollar value in excess of $1,500,000 (excluding HST) or three (3) bridge projects with an aggregate dollar value of $4,500,000 (excluding HST) total, involving bridge rehabilitation/improvement work on arterial roadway or ravine (as defined by the respective jurisdictional transport authority) in Canada.
2. In the past ten (10) years, the Bidder’s subcontractor for jacking of the superstructure including jacking support system design must have successfully completed at least one (1) bridge jacking project with a dollar value in excess of $200,000 (excluding HST) or two (2) similar projects with similar experience with a dollar value in excess of $400,000 (excluding HST) in Canada.
Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement, or an Equivalent (such as ISO 45001) OHS Certification.