|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Replacement of Culvert No. 267 – Albion Road over Albion Creek, Replacement of Culvert No. 274 – Islington Avenue over H|
Bids are invited for Replacement of Culvert No. 267 – Albion Road over Albion Creek, Replacement of Culvert No. 274 – Islington Avenue over Humber River Tributary, Rehabilitation of Culvert No. 661 – Toledo Road over Elmcrest Creek, and Rehabilitation of Culvert No. 668 – Redwater Drive over Humber River Tributary., all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.
All questions concerning this Tender should be directed in writing to Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca or fax (416) 397-7779.
The last day for questions with respect to this Tender is 3 working days before closing time and date. (For further details, refer to Section 2 of the Tender, Item 3. Questions)
|Call Award||Call number: 123-2019|
and contract amount:
|Date awarded:||July 19, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Engineering & Construction Services - Capital Works Delivery|
|Divisional contact:||Manzur Rahman||Contact phone:|| 416-392-4509|
|Issue date:||April 5, 2019||Closing date:||May 2, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
Tender 123-2019 - NOIP - 19ECS-TI-12BE.pdf (271 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/05/2019 11:25:54 AM
123-2019 - Viewing Copy.pdf (5469 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/05/2019 11:26:49 AM
123-2019 - Attachments 1 to 3.pdf (6709 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/05/2019 11:31:24 AM
123-2019 - Attachments 4 to 7.pdf (6872 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/05/2019 11:32:26 AM
123-2019 - Addendum No. 1.pdf (265 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/08/2019 03:59:43 PM
19ECS-TI-12BE 4 Culverts IFT Drawings 1 of 5.pdf (5933 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/08/2019 04:00:28 PM
19ECS-TI-12BE 4 Culverts IFT Drawings 2 of 5.pdf (4527 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/08/2019 04:00:59 PM
19ECS-TI-12BE 4 Culverts IFT Drawings 3 of 5.pdf (3865 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/08/2019 04:01:20 PM
19ECS-TI-12BE 4 Culverts IFT Drawings 4 of 5.pdf (5200 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/08/2019 04:01:48 PM
19ECS-TI-12BE 4 Culverts IFT Drawings 5 of 5.pdf (6526 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/08/2019 04:02:25 PM
123-2019 - Addendum No. 2.pdf (832 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/11/2019 03:39:50 PM
123-2019 - Addendum No. 3.pdf (814 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/17/2019 02:02:57 PM
123-2019 - Addendum No. 4.pdf (4569 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/25/2019 09:32:40 AM
123-2019 - Addendum No. 5.pdf (256 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/29/2019 04:15:57 PM
123-2019 - Addendum No. 6.pdf (960 Kbytes) - Posted on 04/30/2019 02:38:13 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Monday April 15, 2019 at Culvert No. 267 (Albion Road).|
|Buyer:||Kysym, Christina||Phone number:||416-338-5926|
|Email:||Christina.Kysym@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor, West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
BID BOND: 10% of Bid Amount
CONTRACT NO. 19ECS-TI-12BE
This call document is available for purchase and download online on our website.
A non-refundable fee (shown above) in the form of Credit card, Debit card, cash or cheque payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto, is required for each call document.
Tender Drawings are available to download online to purchasers of the tender document.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Work in this Contract comprises the replacement of Culvert No. 267 and Culvert No. 274, and rehabilitation of Culvert No. 661 and Culvert No. 668.
The work shall include, but not be limited to:
• Access and protection for the work;
• Supply, installation, maintenance, and removal of traffic control devices for vehicles and pedestrians;
• Implementation of tree protection, erosion and sediment control measures;
• Supply, installation, maintenance, and removal of temporary flow passage system to isolate the work areas;
• Locate and protect existing utilities within the work zones;
• Partial/full depth removal of asphalt and replacement with new asphalt pavement;
• Supply, installation, and removal of roadway protection/shoring at Culvert No. 267 and 274;
• Place/obliterate temporary/permanent pavement markings;
• Replacement of concrete sidewalks, concrete curbs, and steel beam guide rail to limits shown on the Contract Drawings;
• Construction of concrete footings/grade beam and installation of new bicycle-height aluminum railings;
• Earth/rock excavation for structural rehabilitation and removal;
• Removal of existing corrugated steel arch culvert and construction of new precast concrete open footing culvert on cast-in-place concrete footings at Culvert No. 267;
• Removal of existing concrete open footing culvert and footings and construction of new cast-in-place concrete open footing culvert on cast-in-place concrete footings at Culvert No. 274;
• Removal of existing reinforced concrete / masonry / gabion basket retaining walls;
• Construction of new reinforced concrete retaining walls on spread footings at Culvert No. 274 and Culvert No. 668, and construction of new armour stone walls at Culvert 267;
• Concrete repairs to existing culvert at Culvert No. 661 and Culvert No. 668, including concrete patch repairs to walls and soffit, refacing of culvert headwalls, and crack injection;
• Supply and place waterproofing to top of new culvert at Culvert No. 274 and to top of existing culvert at Culvert No. 668;
• Replace sections of storm sewer and connect to new structures as shown on Contract Drawings;
• De-energize, remove, and reinstate street light poles as shown on Contract Drawings;
• Site restoration; and
• Other miscellaneous works as identified in the Contract Documents.
• This Contract, including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies, must be completed by no later than November 16, 2019 for Culverts 267, 661, and 668, and no later than November 14, 2020 for Culvert 274.
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
• Bidder must have completed or substantially completed by the tender submission date at least two culvert projects (new construction or rehabilitation/replacement) in the last 7 years in any Canadian jurisdiction where hydraulic cross section (opening) of the culvert in a given location is not less than 10 square meter and the cost of each of the culvert projects is not less than $2M. The eligible culvert projects must satisfy both the size and cost criteria.
• Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement, or an Equivalent (such as ISO 45001) OHS Certification.