|Commodity:||Construction Services, Construction Services |
|Description:||Parking lot Rehabilitation at Tom Riley Park|
The supply of all Labour, Products, Equipment and Supervision required to complete Parking lot Rehabilitation at Tom Riley Park, on behalf of the Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division of the City of Toronto.
Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Martin Suits at Martin.Suits@toronto.ca
For more information, please refer to Section 2 – Information for Bidders, Subsection - 3 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is four (4) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 23-2019|
and contract amount:
|Loc-Pave Construction Ltd.|
|Date awarded:||June 5, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Divisional contact:||Mark Goulart||Contact phone:|| 416-395-0196|
|Issue date:||February 15, 2019||Closing date:||March 14, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
23-2019 - NOIP.pdf (638 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:10:55 AM
23-2019 Section 4 - Specifications.pdf (2053 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:11:22 AM
23-2019 Section 4.1 - Plans and Details(1 of 2).pdf (5092 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:12:16 AM
23-2019 Section 4.2 - Plans and Details (2 of 2).pdf (3825 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:12:52 AM
23-2019 Section 4.3 - Geotechnical Report.pdf (3365 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:13:22 AM
23-2019 Section 4.4 - Risistone Report.pdf (5487 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:13:56 AM
23-2019 Viewing Copy Only.pdf (1919 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 08:17:16 AM
23-2019 Addendum No. 1.pdf (88 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/06/2019 12:29:43 PM
23-2019 Addendum No. 1 Attachment.pdf (2266 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/06/2019 12:30:07 PM
23-2019 Addendum No. 2.pdf (3762 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/08/2019 12:24:56 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. |
Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. A Mandatory Site Meeting will take place at 10:00 AM local time on February 26, 2019. Meet with the City representative in the Parking Lot at 1300 Islington Ave., Toronto.
Site meetings will not be available at any other times.
Bidders must sign in with the City’s Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting during the designated date and time for their Bid to be considered.
Bids submitted by Bidders that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Suits, Martin||Phone number:||416-392-7172|
|Email:||Martin.Suits@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the Bid amount and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24 month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
This call document is only available for purchase and download through the City of Toronto's Online Call Document System:
A non-refundable fee (shown above), is required for each call document.
Scope of Work Summary:
The following is a summary for the reference of bidders.
The scope of work involved in this Tender shall consist of the supply and installation of all materials as detailed on the project drawings and specifications; including all labour, materials, tools, equipment, overhead, profit, coordination, warranty, etc. necessary for the completion of the work. No equipment, labour, materials, tools, etc. or storage facilities shall be provided by the City unless noted otherwise on the project drawings.
1.0 Scope of Work
The scope of work involved in this Tender Call shall consist of the supply and installation of all materials as detailed on the project drawings and Specifications; including all labour, tools and equipment necessary for the completion of the Work. No equipment, labour, materials or storage facilities shall be provided by the City unless noted otherwise on the project drawings.
The work shall include the following:
1. Demolition, reconstruction of existing parking lot, retaining wall and guard, bioswales, tree preservation, and restoration.
For more details refer to the project documents including the specifications and the drawings that form part of this tender.
Completion of the Work of this Contract:
1. The bidder agrees to execute the Contract within 7 working days after presentation of the Contract for execution by the Owner or anyone acting on behalf of the owner.
2. It is understood that some of the work will take place while public permits are active on site. Generally speaking during these periods, the facility needs to be maintained as functional from 2 pm to midnight weekly, and fully so on weekends, answering all requirements of public occupancy. The operating portion of the facility must have operating power, water, heat and ventilation, and all other systems required for function and permit use, and must be kept free of materials, debris, dust or odors. A work plan must be submitted by the successful bidder after Contract award that includes detailed schedule and strategy, and will be coordinated with the management of the facility according to the requirements of its operation.
3. It is understood that time is of the essence for the project. In addition to final delivery dates the following schedule outlines access and occupancy requirements shall describe the project work plan and shall form part of the Contract for these works:
Start work on Site: April 15, 2019
Substantial Completion: June 14, 2019
Total Completion of all works: June 28, 2019
Mandatory Submission Requirements:
Experience and Qualifications
1. Experience and Qualifications Form
2. Must have completed (including testing and commissioning), and must have achieved Substantial Completion, as per the Construction Lien Act, for at least three (3) projects within the past seven (7) years as General Contractor involving the landscape construction of new or rehabilitation upgrades of an existing parking lot in a Public park having a minimum dollar value of $400,000.00 Canadian Dollars each (excluding taxes). At least two (2) of the project must include lighting construction work.
3. Must have completed, as per the Construction Lien Act, a minimum of two (2) projects within the past five (5) years as General Contractor involving the construction of new or rehabilitation upgrades of asphalt pathway or parking lot projects in a ravine green space with a minimum value of $200,000 Canadian dollars each (excluding taxes). At least one of these projects must include municipal work.
4. Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Requirement Information
Bidders must possess and maintain a valid Certificate of Recognition (COR™) or an Equivalent OHS Certification, such as ISO 45001 for the duration of the Contract, The Successful Bidder shall provide a copy of a valid Certificate of Recognition (COR™) or Equivalent OHS Certification in the legal name of the entity submitting the tender within three (3) working days upon being contacted by the City prior to award.
Subcontractors will not be expected to hold COR certification, but they will be expected to adhere to the certified General Contractor’s Health and Safety Program.
"Certificate of Recognition (COR™)" means the nationally recognized occupational health and safety certification granted to qualifying firms by the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) of Ontario or its successor.
"Equivalent OHS Certification" means an occupational health and safety certification issued to qualifying firms by an independent third-party organization and accepted by the City (in the City's sole discretion) as equivalent to the Certificate of Recognition (COR ™).