|Commodity:||Construction Services, Sewer repair and maintenance |
|Description:||Replacement of Sewage Forcemains at Various Locations in the City of Toronto|
Replacement of Sewage Forcemains at Various Locations in the City of Toronto (Port Union/Sewells/Roxborough/Copeland SPSs). all in accordance with the provisions and specifications contained in the Request for Tender document, the City of Toronto's Procurement Policies, the Price / Pricing Form(s), the City of Toronto Fair Wage Policy and Labour Trades Contractual Obligations in the Construction Industry, and any other applicable policies.
|Call Award||Call number: 15-2019|
and contract amount:
|Replacement of Sewage Forcemains at Various Locations in the City of Toronto|
|Drainstar Contracting Ltd.|
|Date awarded:||June 26, 2019|| |
|Client division:||Toronto Water|
|Issue date:||January 11, 2019||Closing date:||February 20, 2019|
at 12:00 Noon
NOIP Summary - Tender 15-2019.pdf (93 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/11/2019 05:50:13 PM
NOIP - Tender 15-2019 .pdf (112 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/11/2019 05:50:28 PM
Tender 15-2019 - Viewing Copy.pdf (3863 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/11/2019 05:51:03 PM
Addendum 1 - Tender 15-2019.pdf (50 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/28/2019 02:30:22 PM
Addendum 2 - Tender 15-2019.pdf (54 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/07/2019 01:02:38 PM
Addendum 3 - Tender 15-2019.pdf (4059 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/12/2019 01:14:21 PM
Addendum 4 - Tender 15-2019.pdf (208 Kbytes) - Posted on 02/15/2019 01:49:52 PM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Optional meeting to be held on: January 24, 2019 at 10:00 A.M., 435 Kipling Avenue, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5E7|
|Buyer:||Reid, Marie||Phone number:||416-397-5187|
|Email:||Marie.Reid@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 13.00 HST = $113.00
Scope of work:
BID BOND: 10% of Total Amount of Bid
CONTRACT No. 18TW-CTS-19CWD
NOTE: Drawings and Reports are provided in a CD format and CD is available to pick up at the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto ON. There is no additional cost for the CD. Please provide your online proof of purchase.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Replacement of Sewage Forcemains at Various Locations in the City of Toronto
Project Location and Ward Number
• Commercial Road, from Copeland Street to Laird Drive, Ward 15 in the City of Toronto,
• Bridgeport Drive, from Lakeridge Drive to Lawrence Avenue East, Ward 25 in the City of Toronto,
• Roxborough Avenue, from Mount Pleasant Road to Highland Avenue, Ward 11 in the City of Toronto,
• Gannet Road, from Sewells Road to Birrell Avenue, Ward 25 in the City of Toronto,
• Birrell Avenue, from Gannett Road to Littles Road, Ward 25 in the City of Toronto.
• 812m of twin sanitary forcemains on Commercial Road,
• 669m of sanitary forcemain on Bridgeport Drive,
• 29m of sanitary sewer on Bridgeport Drive,
• 392m of twin sanitary forcemains on Roxborough Drive,
• 16m of sanitary sewer on Roxborough Drive,
• 5m of sanitary forcemain on Gannet Road,
• 157m of twin sanitary forcemains on Gannet Road,
• 319m of twin sanitary forcemains on Birrell Avenue
This Contract, including all site restorations, clean up, and rectification of all known deficiencies, must be completed within 250 Working Days from the date of commencement of the Work indicated in the Order to Commence Work which will be issued following the execution of the agreement for this Contract.
Construction Survey and Layout
All survey and layout required under this Contract shall be performed by the Contractor. Section 4A and Section 5A of this document provide further information on the requirements.
Construction Staging and Phasing
Contractor is responsible for staging and phasing their works to meet the required construction start and end dates and the constraints given in Special Provision 2 Construction and Traffic Constraints – GN102SP. Additionally, restoration must occur immediately upon completion of backfilling with each traffic stage.
Phase 1 Work to be initiated at a minimum of two sites upon award.
Phase 2 Work to be initiated in parallel with or upon completion of the works to be completed in Phase 1.
***SEE FULL SCOPE IN CALL DOCUMENT Section 4***
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Bidder must have the following experience in order to be considered for award:
1. Must have completed (including testing and commissioning), and must have achieved Substantial Completion within the meaning of the Construction Act for at least two (2) projects within the past ten (10) years as General Contractor involving the construction of new or upgraded gravity sewers or sewage forcemains having a minimum dollar value of $5,000,000.00 Canadian Dollars each (excluding taxes). At least one (1) of these projects must have involved staged/phased construction activities. At least one (1) of these projects must have involved a horizontal directional drilling construction component.
2. Must have completed a minimum of five (5) similar linear infrastructure projects with a minimum value of $5,000,000.00 Canadian dollars each (excluding taxes). At least two (2) of these projects must include municipal or equivalent work including coordination with operations including tie in with existing systems. All of these projects must include the construction of a forcemain with a minimum diameter of 250 mm.
3. The Bidder or the Bidder’s trenchless Sub-Contractor must have completed a minimum of five (5) projects within the past five (5) years involving the installation by horizontal directional drilling of a minimum of 1 km of pipe, with a pipe diameter of at least 200mm. A minimum of two (2) of these projects must have also occurred in southern Ontario.
4. Must have completed a minimum of two (2) projects involving new or upgrades to sewage pumping stations with a minimum value of $2,000,000 Canadian dollars each (excluding taxes). Both of these projects must include municipal or equivelent work including coordination with operatons and tie in with existing linear infrastructure.
***SEE SECTION 2 FOR FURTHER DETAILS***