|Commodity:||Construction Services, Facilities renovations |
|Description:||Broadlands Community Centre State of Good Repair Improvements |
FOR: all material, equipment, labour and supervision required to build the Broadlands Community Centre State of Good Repair Improvements
Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Mike Voelker, CSCMP. at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please refer to Section 2.3 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is four (4) working days prior to closing.
|Call Award||Call number: 182-2018|
and contract amount:
|Martinway Contracting Ltd.|
|Date awarded:||December 17, 2018|| |
|Client division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Divisional contact:||Ashley Wilson||Contact phone:|| 416-392-3592|
|Issue date:||August 16, 2018||Closing date:||October 1, 2018|
at 12:00 Noon
182-2018 Addendum No. 1.pdf (560 Kbytes) - Posted on 08/23/2018 11:50:49 AM
182-2018 Addendum No. 2.pdf (1813 Kbytes) - Posted on 08/31/2018 03:21:30 PM
182-2018 Addendum No. 3.pdf (83 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/10/2018 11:00:41 AM
182-2018 Addendum No. 4.pdf (7973 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/12/2018 02:00:27 PM
182-2018 Addendum No. 5.pdf (83 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/14/2018 02:10:58 PM
182-2018 Addendum No. 6.pdf (9398 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/20/2018 03:22:47 PM
182-2018 Addendum No. 7.pdf (273 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/20/2018 03:31:57 PM
182-2018 Addendum No. 7 - Attachment.pdf (9707 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/20/2018 03:32:37 PM
182-2018 Addendum No. 8.pdf (1071 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/25/2018 09:40:35 AM
182-2018 Addendum No. 9.pdf (646 Kbytes) - Posted on 09/27/2018 09:27:32 AM
|Pre-bid meeting:||Bidders are required to attend the following Mandatory Site Meeting to ascertain the amount of work involved. |
Broadlands Community Centre, 19 CASTLEGROVE Boulevard, North York. Meeting is scheduled for Friday August 24, 2018 at 2:00pm local time. Meet the City representative at the Second Floor Entrance.
Site meetings will not be available at any other times. Bidders must sign in with the City’s Representative at the Mandatory Site Meeting at the designated date and time for their Bid to be considered. Individuals attending the meeting must sign in and clearly indicate on the sign in sheet the name of the firm they are representing.
Bids submitted by Bidders that do not attend the mandatory site meeting SHALL be declared non-compliant.
|Buyer:||Voelker, Mike||Phone number:||416-338-0487|
|Email:||Mike.Voelker@toronto.ca||Location:||City Hall, 19th Floor West Tower|
|Non-refundable document fee:|
$100.00 + 25.00 + 16.25 HST = $141.25
Scope of work:
Security / Bid Deposit:
Every Bidder shall submit with their Bid a Bid Bond in the amount of 10% of the Bid amount and will agree to provide a Performance Bond and a Labour and Material Payment Bond for the due and proper performance of the Work, each in the amount of 50% of the Contract amount including an extended 24 month warranty period. The Bonds will be issued by a licensed surety company authorized to transact business in the Province of Ontario and shall be maintained in good standing until the fulfilment of the Contract.
Scope of Work:
Provide a minimum of three (3) reference projects completed as the General Contractor in the last 5 years for the purpose of evaluating the Proponent's experience and track record of success. Note that the City requires references for solutions that are similar to the solution being proposed in this tender call. Reference projects to be submitted must be Recreation Facility renovation projects with a value of not less than $1.5M (excluding taxes) and in areas of work involving renovations, rehabilitation, improvements or alteration to facilities. Examples of such work can include architectural, structural, mechanical HVAC, plumbing, refrigeration, pool and electrical systems in parks, recreation facilities, community centres, pools (indoor and/or outdoor), arenas, or outdoor rinks. Proponents must also demonstrate at least two previous successfully completed reference projects are similar types of facility renovation projects in the public sector (i.e. government buildings or public or private school boards).
This call document is only available for purchase through the Purchasing & Materials Management Division Tender Office, located on the 19th Floor, West Tower, City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto, and is not available for purchase and download online.
A non-refundable fee (shown above), is required for each call document. Cheques are to be made payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto. Cash, Credit (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) and debit are also accepted.
Bidders must make their own arrangements for payment and pick-up of this call document.
The scope of work shall include but not be limited to the following:
Broadlands Community Centre State of Good Repair Improvements, 19 Castlegrove Blvd., North York, including building interior and exterior renovations, accessibility upgrades, re-roofing and paving & pathway rehabilitation.
Division 2.0 Demolition:
• Refer to drawings for demolition info.
• Remove existing concrete stairs. See drawings for details.
• Remove existing steel stairs. See drawings for details.
• Remove block walls & drywall partitions as indicated in drawings
• Remove floor and wall tiles in washrooms.
• Remove existing rubberized flooring throughout all floors.
• Remove all washrooms plumbing & lighting fixtures and washroom accessories.
• Remove existing ramp and WD stair at swimming pool area as indicated in drawings.
• Repair exterior walls and interior partitions after demolition.
• Remove existing OH door at Zamboni room.
• Remove existing windows as indicated on drawings at select locations.
Division 3.0 Concrete :
• Construct new concrete stair in Mechanical Room.
• Repair all concrete walls damaged by moisture.
• Repair existing concrete slab where affected by demolition in existing building.
Division 4.0 Masonry:
• New concrete block walls as indicated in drawings
• Repair all concrete block walls damaged by moisture.
• Modify all indicated on drawings door openings including new CMU door jambs and headers. Modify door opening lintels.
Division 5.0 Metals:
• Steel lintels to be modified where required on drawings.
• New steel lintels at new openings.
• New steel stair with guards and railings in Mechanical Room
• New light gauge metal studs partitions.
Division 6.0 Wood Plastics and Composites:
• New architectural woodwork in the kitchen and kitchenettes.
• New expanded WD trellis.
• New polycarbonate roofing on top of new WD trellis.
Division 7.0 Thermal and Moisture Protection:
• Replacing damaged roof and poll deck rigid insulation.
• Water proofing membrane in all washrooms and showers floors and walls.
• Waterproofing of exterior foundation wall, north side of the building.
• Waterproofing of the roof and poll deck/mechanical room.
Division 8.0 Openings:
• New WD doors and metal door frames indicated on drawings.
• New aluminum doors and frames indicated on drawings.
• New aluminum windows indicated on drawings
• New BF door hardware, refer to Door Hardware Schedule.
Division 9.0 Metals:
• Gypsum Board partitions and ceiling assemblies.
• Floors and walls ceramic tiles.
• New paint throughout the building, refer to Finishes Schedule.
• New rubberized flooring, see Floor Finishes plan.
• Terrazzo floor repairs in the building entrance lobby.
Division 10.0 Specialties:
• New sinks.
• New washroom accessories in all washrooms.
• New lavatories.
• New water closets.
• New adult changing table.
• New toilet partitions and urinal screens.
• New signage throughout building.
Division 14.0 Conveying Equipment:
• BF swimming pool chair lift.
Division 31.0, 32.0, 33.0 Site Work:
• Existing metal guardrails at main building entrance and north building entrance to be removed and replaced with new OBC-compliant metal guard rails.
• Galvanized metal fence all around exterior pool deck to be refinished.
• Existing concrete stair at north-west corner of the building and wooden stair at south-east access to wading pool are to be replaced by new concrete stairs.
• New concrete ramp and metal railings at pools area.
• Asphalt paving at north-west corner of the ice rink to be replaced by new concrete paving.
• Existing concrete and wooden ice ring header trench covers to be replaced by new covers. Remedial work and reinforcement of concrete header trench.
• At south of the property, swale and low retaining wall with connected to existing storm water line perforated drain along the footing of retaining wall to be provided to limit water runoff to neighbouring property to the south.
Please refer to the Specifications included in the RFQ document for a detailed description.