Don Valley Parkway closed this weekend for spring maintenance|
| || ||
The Transportation Services Division will be performing a number of maintenance
activities on the Don Valley Parkway this weekend. In order to undertake this
work safely, a full closure of the Parkway will be required.
The Don Valley Parkway will be closed in both directions from Highway 401 to
the Gardiner Expressway from Friday, May 13 at 11 p.m. to Monday, May 16 at 5
Specific activities that will be undertaken during this closure include:
- construction zone setup for both the Leaside bridge and Riverdale
- road resurfacing on the southbound Don Valley Parkway at York Mills Road
- expressway lighting work
- spring catchbasin cleaning (required to ensure proper drainage)
- pavement markings and sign maintenance
- guiderail and asphalt repair
- grass-cutting and garbage pick-up
- closed circuit television camera maintenance
- Wynford Drive bridge painting
- RESCU sensor installation at York Mills Road
- expressway sweeping operations.
"The work that we are doing this weekend on the Don Valley Parkway is important
maintenance work required to maintain safe road conditions for all users," said
Les Kelman, Acting General Manager, Transportation Services Division. "The
amount and detailed nature of this maintenance work meant that a series of
overnight closures was not a good option. Therefore, after careful
consideration, the only feasible option was a weekend closure."
Motorists can use Victoria Park Avenue and Don Mills Road as alternate routes
during the closure. Whenever possible, the public is encouraged to consider
using public transit as a convenient alternative.
For further information about road closures, check with Transportation
Services’ Road Info line at 416-599-9090 or visit the city’s Web site at www.toronto.ca/transportation.
Sr. Communications Coordinator