Don Valley Parkway closed this weekend for Fall maintenance|
| || ||
The Transportation Services Division will be performing a number of maintenance
activities on the Don Valley Parkway this weekend. In order to undertake this
work safely, a full closure of the Don Valley Parkway will be required.
The Don Valley Parkway will be closed in both directions from Highway 401 to
the Gardiner Expressway from Saturday, October 22 at 2 a.m. to Monday, October
24 at 5 a.m.
Specific activities that will be undertaken during this closure include:
- road resurfacing at Bayview/Bloor interchange
- emergency roadside embankment repairs (stabilize sloped areas beside road
that were compromised by severe flooding on August 19, 2005)
- TTC track beam replacement at the Bloor Viaduct
- railway track repair at the Don Roadway and Lake Shore Boulevard
- work on the Riverdale Pedestrian Bridge
- expressway lighting work
- Fall catchbasin cleaning (required to ensure proper drainage)
- pavement markings and sign maintenance
- guiderail and asphalt repair
- closed circuit television camera maintenance
- expressway sweeping operations.
"This work is absolutely necessary to ensure safe and comfortable travel
conditions on the Don Valley Parkway," said Gary Welsh, General Manager,
Transportation Services, City of Toronto.
Motorists can use Victoria Park Avenue, Don Mills Road, Bayview Road, Avenue
Road and Kingston Road as alternate routes during the closure. Motorists are
advised to allow for additional time to arrive at their destination when using
the alternate routes.
Whenever possible, the public is encouraged to consider using public transit as
a convenient alternative.
For further information about other road closures, check with Transportation
Services' Road Info line at 416-599-9090 or visit the City's Web site at
Sr. Communications Co-ordinator