Expressway closure - southbound Don Valley Parkway|
| || ||
Works and Emergency Services will be performing road resurfacing activities on
the Don Valley Parkway this weekend. In order to undertake this work safely, a
partial closure of the Don Valley Parkway will be required.
· The southbound Don Valley Parkway will be closed from Highway 401 to the
Gardiner Expressway from Saturday, October 30 at 11 p.m. to Monday, November 1
at 5 a.m.
Additional ramp closures are scheduled as follows:
· The southbound DVP on-ramp from York Mills Road will be closed from Saturday,
October 30 at 9 p.m. to Monday, November 1 at 5 a.m.
· The northbound DVP on-ramp from York Mills Road will be closed from Saturday,
October 30 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, October 31 at noon.
· The northbound DVP off-ramp to York Mills Road will be closed from Saturday,
October 30 at 9 p.m. to Sunday, October 31 at noon.
Specific activities that will be undertaken during this closure include:
· Southbound Don Valley Parkway at York Mills Road resurfacing
· Leaside Bridge scaffolding installation
· Riverdale Pedestrian Bridge inspection
· Wynford Drive structural steel repair
· RESCU System maintenance
· Expressway lighting work
· Guide rail repairs.
All northbound lanes of the Don Valley Parkway will remain open all weekend.
"It is critical for the City to perform this work in order to maintain safe and
comfortable travel conditions on the Don Valley Parkway," said Les Kelman,
Acting General Manager, Transportation Services Division, City of Toronto.
"Regular maintenance work also results in the long-term protection of the
city's transportation assets."
Southbound traffic can use Victoria Park Avenue and/or Don Mills Road as
alternate routes during the closure. Whenever possible, the public is
encouraged to use public transit as a convenient alternative.
Further maintenance work will take place over the next two weekends. The
Gardiner Expressway will be closed from Saturday, November 6 at 11 p.m. to
Sunday, November 7 at noon for routine maintenance activities, while a full
closure of the Don Valley
Parkway is planned for November 12 -15 for the completion of the York Mills
Road bridge rehabilitation project.
For further information about these closures, check with Transportation
Services' Road Info line at 416-599-9090 or visit the City's Web site at
Steve Kemp, Senior Traffic Engineer, Works and Emergency Services, 416-397-0506