Work on streetcar tracks, roads set for College/Carlton/Gerrard|
| || ||
The City of Toronto and the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) will be replacing
the streetcar tracks and resurfacing some roads on College, Carlton and Gerrard
Streets, beginning in March and continuing through November.
In addition to the track replacement, sidewalks will be replaced at various
locations where required. Streetscape improvements and some water main
replacements will also take place. Pedestrian and driveway access will be
maintained wherever possible throughout the construction period.
The TTC track work will take place at the following locations:
· Crawford to Sheridan (April to May)
· Crawford to Bathurst (April to May)
· Bathurst to Spadina (June to October)
· Spadina to Bay (September to October)
· Jarvis to Bay (July to September)
· Carlton Street, from Jarvis to Parliament (July to September)
· Parliament Street from Carlton to Gerrard (July to August)
Gerrard Street East
· Broadview to Jones (March to May)
· Jones to Coxwell (May to July)
· Parliament to Broadview (August to October)
As construction begins in each area, there will be diversions to existing TTC
routes. The TTC will post service changes at transit stops. Up-to-date service
details are available by calling the TTC information line at 416-393-4636 or by
visiting the TTC Web site at http://www.ttc.ca.
For further information about the project, call 416-338-2003 or visit the
City's Web site at http://www.toronto.ca/involved.
Steve Johnston, Sr. Communications Coordinator, Works and Emergency Services,