Media Advisory: Summer highlights on Nathan Phillips Square |
| || ||
During the summer months, Toronto Special Events produces two free programs on
Nathan Phillips Square. Fresh Wednesdays (July 14 - August 25) and Tasty
(July 15 - August 26) offer a combination of live music, an international BBQ
and a taste of the theatre to add to Toronto's free summer festival line-up.
When: Wednesdays and Thursdays, July 14 to August 26
Fresh Wednesdays: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tasty Thursdays: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Nathan Phillips Square (100 Queen St. W.)
Here's what you can see:
- Wednesdays, through October 6: Farmers' Market featuring fresh Ontario fruit
- Thursdays, July 15 to August 26: Giant BBQ featuring 10 restaurants.
- Wednesday, July 14: Mariachi Latinada band concert and demonstration by Gurth
Pretty The Adventurous Chef.
- Thursday, July 15: A Taste of the Theatre with Mirvish Productions and
- Wednesday, July 21: Arcady wandering minstrels concert and demonstration by
Toronto Public Health
- Thursday, July 22: The Bebop Cowboys concert.
- Wednesday, July 28: Lenny Graf Dixie Trio concert and demonstration by wild
flower specialist Frank Kershaw.
- Thursday, July 29: The Sattalites concert.
For more information on Fresh Wednesdays, Tasty Thursdays and other events
produced by Toronto Special Events, call Access Toronto at 416-338-0338 or
Heather Kaufman, Event Supervisor, Toronto Special Event,