Final weekend for hurricane relief donations|
| || ||
Sunday, October 31 will be the last day for Toronto residents to drop off
non-perishable food items and over-the-counter medicines for the City's
hurricane relief effort.
According to Councillor Bas Balkissoon, Co-Chair of the City's relief effort,
the six-week campaign has exceeded all expectations. To date, more than 40,770
kilograms (90,000 lbs.) of non-perishable food, water and medicine and three
tractor-trailer loads of clothing and bedding have been collected for hurricane
victims in Grenada, Haiti and Jamaica.
"Torontonians have outdone themselves in their support of the hurricane
victims," said Councillor Balkissoon." The collected food and materials have
made a real difference in helping the affected countries get back on their
The following locations will be accepting donations until October 31, 2004:
· Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
· Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
· North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
· York Civic Centre, 2700 Eglinton Ave. W.
· East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
· Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.
· Metro Hall, 55 John St.
Geoff Chambers, Executive Assistant to Councilor Bas Balkissoon, 416-392-1375