Media Advisory: Toronto-York-Durham-Peel politicians to celebrate June 1 launch of smoke-free bylaws within GTA|
| || ||
Officials from the City of Toronto and the Regions of Durham, Peel and York
will gather at Union Station this Friday, May 21 to celebrate a smoke-free GTA.
The GTA will implement smoke-free bylaws on June 1.
Royal Canadian Air Farce comedian Jessica Holmes will act as master of
ceremonies at a bar set up for the event in Union Station. Holmes is a
supporter of smoke-free environments for entertainers.
WHEN: Friday, May 21, at 11 a.m.
WHERE: Union Station, Great Hall
65 Front Street West, Toronto
· Toronto Councillor John Filion, Chair, Toronto Board of Health
· York Regional Chair and CEO Bill Fisch
· Durham Regional Chair Roger Anderson
· Peel Regional Chair Emil Kolb
· Comedian Jessica Holmes of the Royal Canadian Air Farce
· Dr. Barbara Yaffe, Medical Officer of Health, City of Toronto
· York Regional Councillor Joyce Frustaglio, Chair, Health and Emergency
Medical Services Committee
· Dr. K. Helena Jaczek, York Region Medical Officer of Health and Commissioner
of Health Services
· Dr. Robert Kyle, Durham Region Commissioner and Medical Officer of Health
· Dr. David McKeown, Medical Officer of Health, Region of Peel
Susan Sperling, Toronto Public Health: 416-338-7974
Wendy Lewis, York Region: 905-830-4444 or 416-297-9696, Ext. 1238
Glendene Collins, Durham Region: 905-723-8521, ext. 2290
Janet Eagleson, Peel Region: 905-791-7800, Ext. 2124