Media Advisory: August highlights at Nathan Phillips Square |
| || ||
What: During the summer months, Toronto Special Events produces two free
programs at Nathan Phillips Square. Fresh Wednesdays (July 14 - August 25) and
Tasty Thursdays (July 15 - August 26) offer a combination of live music, an
international BBQ and a taste of the theatre to add to Toronto's free summer
When: Wednesdays and Thursdays, through August 26
Where: Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen St. W.
Time: Fresh Wednesdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Tasty Thursdays 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Here's what you can see:
- Wednesdays, through Oct. 6: Farmers' Market featuring fresh Ontario fruits
- Thursdays, through August 26: Giant BBQ featuring 10 restaurants.
- Wednesday, August 4 - Concert: Award-winning Crazy Strings featuring
contemporary acoustic music using a banjo and mandolin. Demonstration: Toronto
Public Health Peer Nutrition Program presents "Fresh Flavours of Ontario."
- Thursday, August 5 - Concert: Rita Chiarelli brings her blues-based-rock
undertones, plus audiences can experience scenes from the unique interactive
theatre of Second City's Tony n' Tina's Wedding.
- Wednesday, August 11 - Concert: Viewers can become a wee bit Celtic with
Kilted A'Faire. Demonstration: Gardening with Herbs. Learn how to preserve,
make herb vinegar and oils the easy way.
- Thursday, August 12 - Concert: The Glengarry Bhoys create infectious Celtic
sounds. Demonstration: Chefs from JW's Steakhouse will demonstrate what they
are offering off their BBQ.
- Wednesday, August 18 - Concert: Cavitiva. Demonstration: Get the dirt on
composting with Works and Emergency Services.
- Thursday, August 19 - Concert: The Starlight Orchestra with Swing Rosie lets
audiences kick up their heels to Cha-Cha, Rumba and Salsa.
- Wednesday, August 25 - Concert: The lilting sounds of Argentinean music by
Los Condores. Demonstration: Adventurous Chef, Gurth Pretty, a professional
chef and culinary instructor prepares Spice Rubbed Chicken with Southwest Corn
- Thursday, August 26 - Concert: The finale to this great summer series, the
David Leask Band, offers a blend of Celtic pop, country and roots music.
For more information on Fresh Wednesdays, Tasty Thursdays and other events
produced by Toronto Special Events, call Access Toronto at 416-338-0338 or
Heather Kaufman, Toronto Special Events, 416-395-7405, firstname.lastname@example.org