Weekend Road Closure - Gardiner Expressway |
| || ||
The Works and Emergency Services Department will be performing road-resurfacing
activities on the Gardiner Expressway on Sunday June 13. In order to undertake
this work safely, a partial closure of the Gardiner Expressway will be required.
The following closures will take affect:
The westbound Gardiner Expressway will be closed from the Humber Bridge (Lake
Shore Boulevard West off-ramp) to Highway 427 from 2 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Sunday,
· Motorists should exit at South Kingsway to access The Queensway as an
alternate route to the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) or Highway 427.
The westbound Gardiner Expressway (collector lanes only) from Islington Avenue
to Highway 427 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, June 13.
· The northbound Islington Avenue off-ramp from the westbound Gardiner
Expressway will remain open throughout the closure.
· The southbound Islington Avenue off-ramp from the westbound Gardiner
Expressway will be closed.
· There will be no access to Kipling Avenue from the westbound Gardiner
· There will be no access to the westbound Gardiner Expressway from Islington
Avenue and Kipling Avenue.
· Motorists can use the westbound Gardiner Expressway express lanes to access
the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) or Highway 427.
The public is encouraged to use public transit (TTC and GO) as a convenient,
For further information about these closures, check with Transportation
Services' Road Info line at 416-599-9090 or visit the City's Web site at
Steve Johnston, Sr. Communications Coordinator, Works and Emergency Services,