2008 final property tax bills are in the mail|
| || ||
All City of Toronto 2008 final property tax bills have now been mailed.
Payment due dates for the regular instalment plan and the withdrawal dates for the 6-Instalment Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan are July 2, August 1, and September 2.
For the 2-Instalment Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan, the withdrawal date is July 2.
For the 11-Instalment Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan, the withdrawal date is on the 15th of every month or the nearest business day thereafter from July to December.
There are several ways to pay a property tax bill:
• At most financial institutions (there may be a charge for this service). If paying tax bills through an automatic teller machine (ATM), customers should pay before the due date and retain their receipt.
• Via telephone or internet banking, if this service is provided by a customer’s financial institution.
• By mail to: Treasurer, City of Toronto, P.O. Box 5000, Toronto, ON, M2N 5V1
• In person at the enquiry/cashier counters at all civic centres and City Hall:
- Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.
- East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
- North York Civic Center, 5100 Yonge St.
- Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- York Civic Centre, 2700 Eglinton Ave. W.
Regular hours at all civic centres and City Hall are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Extended hours are from Friday, June 27 to Wednesday, July 2, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The City also offers the option of paying property taxes through a Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Program (PTP). This plan allows taxpayers to pay their taxes in two, six or 11 installments over the course of the year. The next enrolment deadline is September 12, 2008, for 2009 interim property taxes. Before applying for the PTP program, all installments of the current tax bill just issued must be paid (post dated cheques are accepted). Applications for the PTP program along with a void cheque can be mailed to Box 2500 Terminal A, Toronto, ON, M5W 1H2 or delivered to one of the locations listed above.
Customer service information phone line:
For property tax inquiries, call 416-338-4829. TTY users call 416-392-0719.
Regular hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Extended hours are offered until Wednesday, July 2, 2008, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Property Tax information is also available on the City’s website at http://www.toronto.ca/taxes/property_tax.
Giuliana Carbone, Director, Revenue Services 416-392-8065, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Bromley, Finance Communications Manager 416-392-4993, email@example.com