Toronto Public Health Closes Another Restaurant and Declares Four Others Open|
| || ||
Toronto Public Health - Toronto Public Health inspectors closed another
restaurant today. Three other restaurants, previously closed, were
re-inspected and permitted to re-open.
Today the Isabella Bar and Grill at 556 Sherbourne Street was closed due to
rodent infestation and garbage accumulation. This restaurant will be monitored
daily to ensure closure is enforced. It will remain closed until violations are
Four other restaurants were permitted to re-open. These include:
- The Beemah Restaurant at 1450 Gerrard Street East.
- Pok Lo Malaysian Restaurant at 476 Dundas Street West.
- The Scarborough Grand Seafood Restaurant at 23 Glenwatford Drive, unit 9.
- Mr. Wong's Super Buffet at 1221 Markham Road
Restaurants which remain closed include:
- The Wah Too Restaurant at 197 Dundas Street West, closed March 2, 2000.
- The Golden Embassy at 364-66 Broadview Avenue, closed February 28, 2000.
Since the restaurant inspection blitz began on February 22, seven restaurants
have been closed. As well, one bakery, ABC Breadco at 1265 Lawrence Avenue
West, was closed March 3, 2000 due to severe sanitation violations. One
grocery/bulk food store, the India Town Food and Spice at 641 Markham Road was
closed on February 29, 2000 due to an infestation of mice.