Weekend events with road closures in Toronto|
| || ||
Four special events this weekend will involve road closures. Residents and visitors are encouraged to come out and enjoy these events. Businesses in the affected areas are open to pedestrian traffic but some roads will be closed to vehicles.
Festivals and other special events are important to the city, injecting hundreds of millions of dollars annually into Toronto’s economy, and they are enjoyed each year by local residents.
In addition to road closures related to special events, there is a significant amount of road work taking place in the city. People are encouraged to take public transit as a greener, faster and more affordable way of getting to their destinations. If you need to drive in the general vicinity of special events, allow extra time to get to and from your destination. A more complete list of events and road work is available at http://www.toronto.ca/torontostreets.
Live Green Toronto Festival - corrected
Yonge Street from Edward Street (just north of Dundas Street) to Queen Street will be closed on Saturday, August 28 from 6:30 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
Thursday to Sunday closure:
A series of closures will take place for this event:
• Market Street from Front Street to the Esplanade will be closed from Thursday, August 26 at 7 a.m. to Sunday, August 29 at 11:59 p.m.
• The westbound lanes of Front Street from Church Street to Jarvis Street will be closed on Thursday, August 26 from 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. This closure will go back into effect from Friday, August 27 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 29 at 11:59 p.m.
• The eastbound lanes of Front Street from Church Street to Jarvis Street will be closed from Thursday, August 26 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 29 at 11:59 p.m.
• Front Street from Yonge Street to Jarvis Street will be closed from Friday, August 27 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 29 at 11:59 p.m.
• Church Street from the Esplanade to Front Street will be closed from Friday, August 27 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 29 at 11:59 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday closure:
The southbound lanes of Spadina Avenue from St. Andrew Street to Sullivan Street will be closed from Saturday, August 28 at 6 a.m. to Sunday, August 29 at 11 p.m.
Kensington Pedestrian Sundays
Parts of the following roads will be closed on Sunday, August 29 from noon to 7 p.m. for this event.
• Augusta Avenue
• Baldwin Street
• Kensington Avenue
• St. Andrew Street
Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.6 million people. It is the economic engine of Canada and one of the greenest and most creative cities in North America. Toronto has won numerous awards for quality, innovation and efficiency in delivering public services. Toronto's government is dedicated to prosperity, opportunity and liveability for all its residents. For information about non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Media contact: Steve Johnston, Senior Communications Co-ordinator, 416-392-4391, firstname.lastname@example.org