November 10, 2016
Nominations open for Councillor Ward 42 Scarborough-Rouge River
Nominations are now open for the office of Councillor Ward 42 Scarborough-Rouge River in the by-election to be held on February 13, 2017.
To be eligible to run for councillor, candidates must be:
• a Canadian citizen
• 18 years of age or older
• a resident of the City of Toronto, or own or rent property in the City of Toronto (or be the spouse of the owner or renter)
• not legally prohibited from voting, or from holding municipal office.
Nominations may be filed until Friday, December 30, 2016 at the Election Services Office,
89 Northline Road:
• between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from Thursday, November 10, 2016 to Thursday, December 29, 2016
• between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on nomination day, Friday, December 30, 2016
Candidates must provide:
• nomination paper
• proof of qualifying address within the City of Toronto
• $100 nomination filing fee (all forms of payment accepted, except personal cheques).
Nomination papers are available online and at the Election Services Office.
No person may solicit or accept contributions for election purposes or incur campaign expenses until a nomination paper has been filed.
Information is available at http://www.toronto.ca/elections/by-election or by calling 416-338-1111.
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can visit http://www.toronto.ca, call 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or follow us @TorontoComms.