Don Valley Parkway closed this weekend for annual spring maintenance|
| || ||
The City of Toronto's Transportation Services Division will be performing maintenance activities on the Don Valley Parkway from Saturday, April 14 to Monday, April 16. Full closure of the parkway will be required over that period in order to perform the work safely.
Specifically, the Don Valley Parkway will be closed in both directions from Highway 401 to the Gardiner Expressway from Saturday, April 14 at 2 a.m. to Monday, April 16 at 5 a.m.
Specific activities that will be undertaken during this closure include:
• replacement of precast subway beams at lower deck of Prince Edward Viaduct
• cleaning and repair of 500 catch basins - required to ensure proper drainage
• pavement markings and sign maintenance for 30 kilometres of roadway
• maintenance of 15 closed-circuit television cameras
• inspection and repair of 73 overhead signs
• repair of two RESCU vehicle detectors
• centre wall replacement under Lawrence Avenue bridge
• replacement of five sections of sound-barrier wall
• replacement of a crash cushion
• repair of numerous shoulder washouts
• repair of guiderails at 40 locations
• expressway sweeping operations and litter removal
Motorists can use Don Mills Road, Bayview Avenue, Victoria Park Avenue and Kingston Road as alternative routes during the closure. Whenever possible, the public is encouraged to consider using public transit as a convenient alternative.
Information about other road closures tied to construction work or special events is available at http://www.toronto.ca/torontostreets.
Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.7 million people. Toronto's government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Senior Communications Coordinator|