Toronto's Buskerfest and Kensington Market festival road closures |
| || ||
Two festive events this week will involve road closures. Residents and visitors are encouraged to come out and enjoy the events. Businesses in the affected areas are open to pedestrian traffic but some roads will be closed to vehicles.
Note: Information about roads affected by the state funeral procession for the Honourable Jack Layton on Saturday, August 27 will be posted at http://www.toronto.ca/jacklayton.htm.
Festivals are important to the city, injecting hundreds of millions of dollars annually into Toronto’s economy, and they are enjoyed each year by local residents. In addition to road closures related to special events, there is a significant amount of road work taking place in the city. More information about road work is available at http://www.toronto.ca/torontostreets.
People are encouraged to take public transit as a greener, faster and more affordable way of getting to their destinations. If you need to drive in the general vicinity of special events, allow extra time to get to and from your destination.
BuskerFest - Thursday to Sunday closures
A series of closures for Buskerfest in the St. Lawrence Market area began this morning.
• Front Street from Yonge Street to Jarvis Street will be closed in both directions from Thursday, August 25 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m.
• Church Street from The Esplanade to Front Street will be closed from Thursday, August 25 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m.
• Scott Street from north of Scott Lane to the midway point between Wellington Street and Front Street will be closed from Thursday, August 25 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m.
• Market Street from Front Street to The Esplanade will be closed from Thursday, August 25 at 7 a.m. to Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m.
• Church Street from north of Front Street to Colborne Street will be closed from Friday, August 26 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m.
• Wellington Street from Church Street to Leader Lane will be closed from Friday, August 26 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 28 at 11:59 p.m.
Kensington Pedestrian Sundays - Sunday closure
Parts of the following roads will be closed on Sunday, August 28 from noon to 7 p.m. for this event:
• Augusta Avenue
• Baldwin Street
• Kensington Avenue
• St. Andrew Street
Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.6 million people. Toronto's government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Senior Communications coordinator, City of Toronto|