Don Valley Parkway closed this weekend for annual fall maintenance|
| || ||
The City of Toronto's Transportation Services division will be performing maintenance activities on the Don Valley Parkway from Saturday, September 17 to Monday, September 19. Performing this work safely requires full closure of the Don Valley Parkway from September 17 to 19.
The Don Valley Parkway will be closed in both directions from Highway 401 to the Gardiner Expressway from Saturday, September 17 at 2 a.m. to Monday, September 19 at 5 a.m.
Specific activities that will be undertaken during this closure include
• slope stabilization from Beechwood Drive to Pottery Road
• removal and replacement of a steel beam guard rail
• replacement of precast subway beams at lower deck of Prince Edward Viaduct
• pavement evaluation
• catch basin cleaning to ensure proper drainage
• pavement markings and sign maintenance
• closed-circuit television camera maintenance
• inspection and repair of overhead signs
• RESCU vehicle detector repairs
• guide rail repair, and
• expressway sweeping operations and litter removal.
Motorists can use Don Mills Road, Bayview Avenue, Victoria Park Avenue and Kingston Road as alternative routes during the closure. Whenever possible, people are encouraged to consider using public transit as a convenient alternative to driving.
Information about other road closures is available at http://www.toronto.ca/transportation.
Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.6 million people. Toronto's government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Senior Communications Coordinator|