Summerlicious, Toronto's city-wide culinary celebration, returns July 8 to 24|
| || ||
Summerlicious presented by American Express® will celebrate its ninth year from July 8 to 24 with 150 of Toronto's top restaurants, including 15 new additions to this great culinary lineup.
One of the "must do" events of the summer, Summerlicious offers diners the chance to get out and experience some of Toronto's finest cuisine at exceptional value.
Restaurant details and menus for this popular prix fixe dining promotion can be found at
at http://www.toronto.ca/summerlicious. Reservations will be accepted starting Thursday, June 23.
Three-course prix fixe lunch menus are priced at $15, $20 and $25 and dinner is priced at $25, $35 and $45.
Reservations are strongly recommended and are to be made directly with the participating dining establishment.
New to Summerlicious this year
Fifteen new restaurant partners have joined the prix-fixe dining promotion for Summerlicious 2011:
• 259 Host - fine Indian cuisine offering a delicate mix of traditional and contemporary flavours
• BLD Restaurant - California meets New York at this contemporary restaurant in the heart of downtown's historical "Old Toronto"
• Blu Ristorante - classic Italian with a modern flare
• Café Nicole (Novotel Hotel Toronto Centre, The Esplanade) - European-style bistro in a casual atmosphere
• Crème Brasserie - French bistro offering updated classics
• Fabbrica - rustic Italian served up in a casual and convivial atmosphere anchored by a wood-burning brick pizza oven from Naples
• L’Unità - new Italian with a Canadian heart featuring regional food and wine of "il bel paese"
• Luma (TIFF Bell Lightbox) - global and Canadian artisanal cuisine using the finest local and regional ingredients
• Maléna - modern seafood and flavours of Greece and Southern Italy
• Quinn's Steakhouse (The Sheraton Centre Downtown Toronto) - combines an Irish bar with a casual steakhouse offering great Canadian steaks, prime rib and seafood entrees
• Rocco Restaurant - authentic Italian fare with a contemporary flare
• Sierra Grill - Canadian dining in a comfortable and casual atmosphere
• Sorrel Restaurant - French Mediterranean cuisine
• Trio Restaurant (Novotel North York) - refreshing contemporary menu designed for sharing
• Watusi - an upscale contemporary menu served in a traditional cocktail lounge atmosphere
Vincor Canada returns as the official wine sponsor of the event, featuring wine selections by local and international brands paired up with select menus at participating restaurants.
Visitors to the official Summerlicious website at http://www.toronto.ca/summerlicious can locate and sort restaurants by price, neighbourhoods and cuisine, and share their list through social media. An interactive map lets visitors find Summerlicious restaurants across the entire city. For the latest in Summerlicious news, visit http://www.facebook.com/LiciousTO or follow us on twitter - @LiciousTO.
Produced by the City of Toronto since 2003, Winterlicious and Summerlicious have generated more than $127 million in direct spending through 2.9 million meals served at participating Toronto restaurants and garnered significant national exposure for Toronto's culinary industry.
Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.6 million people. Toronto's government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Economic Development & Culture|
| firstname.lastname@example.org |