City of Toronto invites comments on new Street Vending Bylaw |
| || ||
Urban Development Services will hold a public consultation meeting on a new
Street Vending Bylaw. This meeting will take place in the Metro Hall Council
Chamber, 2nd floor, 55 John St., on Monday, September 23, from 9 a.m. to 11
a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Issues for discussion will include:
- criteria for allocating designated vending spaces
- a cap on the number of permits issued
- only one (1) permit per individual at least 18 years of age
- a fee structure based on fair market value
- permits that remain the property of the City and cannot be sold or leased
- transition to a new permit system
- time limits and redistribution of permits.
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting, should notify Mr. Gino Vescio, Senior
Policy and Research Officer, Municipal Licensing and Standards Division, at
416-392-8769 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please also submit written
comments at the meeting.
Those unable to attend the meeting can send written comments to Paula M. Dill,
Commissioner of Urban Development Services, attention: Gino Vescio, 15th floor,
East Tower, City Hall, Toronto, M5H 2N2.