City of Toronto invites public to renovation forums|
| || ||
Do it right! Make your home safe, comfortable and a good investment.
Visit one of the City's 2002 Renovation Forums and talk to experts who can help
Tuesday, April 23, 7 to 9 p.m.,
Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
Thursday, April 25, 7 to 9 p.m.,
York Civic Centre, 2700 Eglinton Ave. W.
Tuesday, April 30, 6 to 9 p.m.,
Toronto City Hall, Queen and Bay Streets
Thursday, May 2, 7 to 9 p.m.,
Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
Tuesday, May 7, 7 to 9 pm.,
East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
Thursday, May 9, 7 to 9 pm,
North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
If you are a home owner, realtor, contractor or a small business operator in
the City of Toronto, these forums are for you. Get free information and advice
on a wide range of topics such as:
* improvements that will add value to your property
* putting in a second suite
* how to get permits and other city approvals for additions and alterations
* fire safety
* accessible, barrier-free design
* energy and water efficiency, including reward programs
* new incentive programs for installation of water-saving toilets
* downspout disconnection and rain barrel program
* recycling and disposal of waste materials
* termite treatment
* caring for an historical home
* loans and grants
* working with contractors
Participating organizations include City of Toronto departments, the Greater
Toronto Home Builders' Association, Green Savers, the Landlord's Self-Help
Centre and the Toronto Real Estate Board.