Economic Development, Culture and Tourism Service Update for Sunday, July 14|
| || ||
- 37 outdoor swimming pools for public leisure swim
- 22 city-operated indoor pools and 24 schools pools for leisure swim.
- 148 splash pads and wading pools
- Scheduled as listed in Spring/Summer 2002 Toronto FUN Parks and Recreation
For more information on pool locations, operating hours, fees and policies:
- call Access Toronto at 416-338-0338
- visit the City's website at www.city.toronto.on.ca
- call the Pool Hotline at 416-338-POOL (416-338-7665)
- Remainder outdoor pools open Monday, July 15, except some with mechanical
- Swimming lessons and aquatic programs to begin Monday, July 15
Museums, cultural facilities and community centres
- 11 museums, 10 cultural centres and 140 community centres open for
drop-in and permitted use
- Open for general use. Permitted use, including picnic permits, begins
on Monday, July 15.
- Available at all ornamental gardens, e.g. Edwards Gardens.
Parks and Washrooms/Ferry Service to Toronto Islands/Golf Courses
- Operating since Friday, July 12
- Picnic permits to begin Monday, July 15
- Most recreation and culture programs, including summer camps,
playgrounds and instructional programs, begin Monday, July 15.
- Call 416-338-4FUN (416-338-4386) on Sunday between 8:30 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. to check on the status of programs or to register for