Closures planned for emergency road work on Gardiner Expressway this weekend|
| || ||
Emergency road resurfacing work on the Gardiner Expressway will result in the
closure of the eastbound lanes from the Highway 427 off-ramp to Islington Ave.
As a result of this road work, the following closures will take place from
Saturday, October 18 at 9 p.m. to Sunday, October 19 at 11 a.m.
· Collector and core ramps from the southbound Highway 427 to the eastbound
Gardiner Expressway will be closed.
· The eastbound Queen Elizabeth Way at Highway 427 will be closed.
· The on-ramps to the eastbound Gardiner Expressway at Brown's Line, Kipling
Ave. and Horner Ave. will be closed.
· The on-ramps to southbound Highway 427 at Dundas St. will be closed.
· The on-ramp from the Gardiner Expressway to Lake Shore Blvd. will be closed.
The core lanes of the expressway will reopen on Sunday, October 19 at 11 a.m.,
but the collector lanes will remain closed from Kipling Ave. to Royal York Road
until 4 p.m.
During this time, the following closures will continue:
· The on-ramp to the eastbound Gardiner Expressway from Brown's Line will be
· The on-ramps to the eastbound Gardiner Expressway at Kipling Ave., Horner
Ave. and Islington Ave. will be closed.
"These emergency repairs are necessary to ensure safe travel conditions on the
Gardiner Expressway," said David Kaufman, General Manager, Transportation
Services, Works and Emergency Services. "Every effort will be made to minimize
the scope and duration of the disruption to the public."
The public is encouraged to use alternative traffic routes as follows:
· Southbound traffic on Highway 427 can take The Queensway exit and travel east
to South Kingsway to access the eastbound Gardiner Expressway.
· Eastbound traffic on the Q.E.W. can take the West Mall exit and travel east
on The Queensway to South Kingsway to access the eastbound Gardiner Expressway.
For up-to-date information on Toronto's road restrictions, call 416-599-9090,
#125, 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week or visit the city's Web site at
http://www.toronto.ca/transportation. A map showing the closures will be
available under the "What's New" section.
Steve Johnston, Sr. Communications Coordinator, Works and Emergency Services,
Note: A media availability will be provided to show the work being performed
and the benefits of this work. Details will be available Friday, October 17.
For media interested, please call Steve Johnston at the phone number listed