Major road resurfacing projects continue in east end of Toronto|
| || ||
Works and Emergency Services - The City of Toronto's Works and
Emergency Services Department is performing a number of major road resurfacing
projects in the Scarborough community this summer and fall.
Here is an update on the projects. The work locations are as follows:
· Kingston Road (Morningside Ave. to CNR, east of Guildwood) - complete
· Finch Avenue (Warden Avenue to Victoria Park Avenue) - complete
· Sheppard Avenue East (Meadowvale Rd. to Morningside Ave.) - will be completed
· St. Clair Avenue (Kingston Road to Danforth Road ) - will be completed in
· Danforth Avenue (Kingston Road to Warden Avenue) - will be completed in
· Lawrence Avenue East (Kennedy Road to Warden Avenue) - underway
· Brimley Road (Huntingwood Drive to McNicoll Avenue) - beginning in September
· McCowan Avenue (Sheppard Avenue East to Nugget Avenue) - beginning in
· Eglinton Avenue East (Victoria Park Avenue to Pharmacy Avenue) - beginning in
· Victoria Park Avenue (Eglinton Avenue East to Eglinton Square) - beginning in
· Kennedy Road (Eglinton Avenue East to Lawrence Avenue East) - beginning in
All projects are expected to be completed by the end of the year.
As a result of the resurfacing, there will be periodic lane restrictions at the
work locations. Whenever possible, work will take place during off-peak hours
in order to minimize restrictions and reduce potential traffic delays.
"The work being performed will result in significant improvements to the road
surface which will benefit all road users," said Richard Noehammer, Manager,
Design and Construction, Technical Services Division.
For up-to-date information on Toronto's road restrictions, call 416-599-9090,
24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week, or visit the City's Web site at
Sr. Communications Coordinator,
Works and Emergency Services,