Media Advisory: World's largest international AIDS Conference to be held in Toronto in 2006|
| || ||
Toronto has been chosen as the city to host the XVI International AIDS
Conference in 2006. A press conference will be held on Monday, December 1 to
The AIDS2006 Toronto Conference will bring together 15,000 to 20,000 of the
world's most important scientists, physicians, healthcare workers and community
leaders working on HIV/AIDS to share current knowledge on a full spectrum of
issues about the global epidemic.
Date: Monday, December 1
Time: 10 a.m.
Place: Metro Hall (Rotunda), 55 John St.
· City of Toronto Mayor-elect, David Miller
· AIDS2006 Toronto Conference Co-Chair, Dr. Mark Wainberg
· UNAIDS Deputy Executive Director, Dr. Kathleen Cravero
· Canadian Minister for International Cooperation, The Honourable Susan Whelan
· Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, The Honourable George
· LaVerne Monette, Coordinator of the Ontario Aboriginal HIV/AIDS Strategy
For more information, contact Glen Brown, ICASO consultant, 416-892-2286 or
Economic Development Culture and Tourism Media Hotline, 416-560-8726