Yonge-Dundas Square opening ceremonies re-route traffic|
| || ||
Toronto's most anticipated meeting place, Yonge-Dundas Square, officially
launches with a spectacular show on Friday, May 30. Incorporating live music,
cirque performance and fireworks, this event will establish the square as
Toronto's newest entertainment venue in the heart of the city. Making room for
the festivities, note the following road closures:
· Dundas Square Street
· From Yonge St. to Victoria St. on Thursday, May 29 from 1:30 to 4 a.m.,
Friday, May 30 from 9 a.m. through to Saturday, May 31 to 3 a.m.
· Dundas Street
· From Bay St. to Victoria St. on Thursday, May 29 from 1:30 to 4 a.m., Friday,
May 30 from 8 p.m. through to Saturday, May 31 to 3 a.m.
· Yonge Street
· From Queen St. to Gerrard St. on Thursday, May 29 from 1:30 to 4 a.m. and
Saturday, May 31 from 1:30 to 4 a.m.
· From Queen St. to Dundas St. on Friday, May 30 from 4 to 11:30 p.m.
· From Dundas St. to Gerrard St. on Friday, May 30 from 8 to 10:30 p.m.
· Edward Street
· From Bay St. to Yonge St. on Friday, May 30 from 8 to 10:30 p.m.
The official opening of the Square celebrates the revitalization of Yonge
Street. It is also an invitation for all to envision the potential of Toronto's
newest destination. Yonge-Dundas Square is part of the vision of the City of
Toronto and its partners to redefine urban space and transform the heart of the
city into a place for people to explore and enjoy.
Admission to the official opening of Yonge-Dundas Square is FREE and getting
there couldn't be easier! Yonge-Dundas Square is located at One Dundas St. E.
Take the TTC Yonge Line subway (exit Dundas station).
For more information, call Access Toronto at 416-338-0338 or visit