City of Toronto Water Bills Schedules are Changing|
| || ||
The City of Toronto is adjusting how often your water meter is read and
subsequently billed. This move will bring all Toronto water customers into the
same schedule and achieve a more cost-effective operation.
The change is simple. All City of Toronto residential water customers with a
water meter will now receive their bill every four months. All high volume
customers (mostly commercial and industrial accounts) will receive a billing
monthly. Customers without a meter will not see a change to their billing
The implementation of this change will begin on May 1, 2001 and be completed by
the end of September 2001.
Changes to Water Billing Schedules for Metered RESIDENTIAL Customers:
- Former York and Scarborough billing schedule will change from every two
months to every four months.
- Former Toronto billing schedule will change from every three months to
every four months.
- Billing schedules for residential customers in former East York, Etobicoke,
and North York will not change, and will remain on four months billing.
Changes to Water Billing Schedules for High Volume Customers:
- Former North York billing schedule will change from every two months to
- Former York, Scarborough, Toronto, Etobicoke, and East York billing
schedules will not change, and will remain on monthly billing.
Changes to Water Billing Schedules for Customers who receive water E-BILL:
Billing schedule adjustments are as noted above.
If you have any questions, please call 416-338-4829.