Media Advisory: Walk by the Water on Sunday, September 23|
| || ||
This Sunday, September 23 at 1 p.m., David Crombie will lead a walk along John
Street, the street that never sleeps, in the popular Walks by the Water series.
John Street is where art, design, history and the new media converge to become
a cultural promenade linking the city to the waterfront.
Along this walk, the following shapers of the city's cultural landscape will
comment on John Street's future as a premier destination for arts and
· Michael McClelland, ERA Architects
· David Mirvish, Mirvish Productions
· Wayne Reeves, Parks and Recreation, City of Toronto
· Stephen Siu, Director, Chinese Cultural Centre
· Ed Smith, CEO, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
· Matthew Teitelbaum, Director, Art Gallery of Ontario
When and where:
Meet at 1 p.m. in the northwest corner of Grange Park, behind the Art Gallery
of Ontario, 317 Dundas St. W. The walk will conclude at about
4 p.m. at Bobby Rosenfeld Park, between SkyDome and the CN Tower.
The walks are organized by the Waterfront Regeneration Trust and the City of
Toronto Culture Division. For more information, call the Waterfront
Regeneration Trust at 416-943-8080, extension 228.