Join the Task Force to Bring Back the Don |
| || ||
The Task Force to Bring Back the Don is looking for new members to join a
23-member citizen group. Sponsored by the City of Toronto, the task force has
worked for more than 10 years to make the Don River clean, green and
accessible. It has built wetlands, planted thousands of trees and wildflowers,
lobbied for access bridges, participated in key planning decisions in the Don
watershed (from the moraine to the lake) and hosted walks and educational
Members must be residents of the City of Toronto with
· a commitment to and interest in the Don River and its watershed;
· experience with one or more community organizations;
· a demonstrated interest in environmental issues; and
· a willingness to meet the time and work requirements.
Membership is for a three-year term. Members are expected to
· attend Task Force and subcommittee meetings (approximately two a month);
· attend plantings and other community events;
· be active in one of the three subcommittees that deal with Lower Don planning
and policy issues; habitat restoration and water quality projects; and
co-ordinating Task Force communications, including a newsletter, a Web site and
other publications and media material, as required.
If you are interested in becoming a task force member, please forward a resume
and a one-page letter confirming your commitment and interest to
Susan Bookbinder, Co-ordinator
Task Force to Bring Back the Don
Metro Hall, 23rd floor
55 John Street
Toronto ON M5V 3C6
By fax: 416-397-4080 or e-mail: email@example.com.
The deadline is Friday, March 9, 2001.