2006 final property tax bills are in the mail|
| || ||
All City of Toronto 2006 final property tax bills have now been mailed.
Payment due dates for the regular instalment plan and for the six-Instalment Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan are July 4, August 1, and September 1, 2006.
For the two-Instalment Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan, the withdrawal date is July 4, 2006.
For the 11-Instalment Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan, the withdrawal date is on the 15th of every month or the nearest business day thereafter.
There are several ways to pay a property tax bill:
- at most financial institutions (there may be a charge for this service)
- via telephone or internet banking
- by mail to: Treasurer, City of Toronto, P.O. Box 5000, Toronto, M2N 5V1
- in person at the tax and water enquiry counters at the following locations:
- Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.
- East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
- North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
- Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- York Civic Centre, 2700 Eglinton Ave. W.
Regular hours at all Civic Centres and City Hall are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Extended hours begin Thursday, June 29 and run until Tuesday, July 4, from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The City also offers the option of paying property taxes through a Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Program (PTP). This plan allows taxpayers to pay their taxes in two, six or 11 instalments over the course of the year. The next enrolment deadline is September 8, 2006, for 2007 interim property taxes. Before applying for the PTP program, you must pay all instalments of the current tax bill you just received. Applications for the PTP program, along with a void cheque, can be mailed to Box 2500 Terminal A, Toronto ON, M5W 1H2, or delivered to one of the locations listed above.
Customer service information phone line:
For property tax enquiries, call 416-338-4829. TTY users call 416-392-0719.
Regular hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Extended hours are offered until Tuesday, July 4, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Property Tax information is also available on the City’s website at http://www.toronto.ca/taxes.
Finance Communications Manager