Media Advisory - Toronto Children’s Summit highlights continued commitment to Toronto’s children|
| || ||
Mayor David Miller will open the Toronto Children’s Summit at City Hall, which will bring community leaders on children’s issues from across Toronto together under the theme of “Keeping the commitment to Toronto’s children.” The summit will be hosted by Councillor Janet Davis (Ward 31 Beaches-East York), Council Lead on Children’s Issues.
Date: Friday, May 12
Time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W., Committee Room 1
Michele Landsberg will deliver the keynote address. The summit will also feature panel presentations to set the context and generate strategies for maintaining the commitment to Toronto’s children in the areas of health, child care and alleviating poverty.
- Zanana Akande, former Minister of Community and Social Services, current Board Member, Family Service Association of Toronto
- Jacquie Maund, Co-ordinator, Ontario Campaign 2000
- Dr. David McKeown, Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health
- Jane Mercer, Executive Co-ordinator, Toronto Coalition for Better Child Care
- Brenda Patterson, General Manager, Toronto Children’s Services
- Yves Savoie, Executive Director, Family Service Association of Toronto
- Ekua Asabea Blakr, Executive Director, Rexdale Community Health Centre
- Zeenat Janmohamed, Early Childhood Education Program, George Brown College
- Faduma Mohamed, Labour Community Services of Toronto
Councillor Janet Davis
(Ward 31 Beaches-East York)
Council Lead on Children’s Issues
Office of the Mayor
Toronto Social Development
Finance & Administration