Weekend road closures|
| || ||
A series of road and lane closures and intermittent delays will take place this weekend to accommodate street events in the city.
Car Free Day
- Yonge Street, from Dundas Street to Queen Street, will be closed on September 22 from 9:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. for this event.
- Bay Street and Church Street are alternate routes.
Word on the Street
Saturday and Sunday closures:
- Queen’s Park Circle, from Wellesley Street to Charles Street, will be closed from Saturday, September 23 at 7 p.m. to Sunday, September 24 at 11:59 p.m. to set up and hold the Sunday event.
- Bay Street is an alternate north/south route.
Toronto Waterfront Marathon, half marathon and 5K races
Saturday and Sunday closures and intermittent delays:
- Wellington Street, from Simcoe Street to John Street, will be closed from Saturday, September 23 at 5 p.m. to Sunday, September 24 at 4 p.m. to accommodate the Sunday races.
- The race event routes include a combination of full road and lane closures on Wellington Street/Front Street, Lake Shore Boulevard (from Windermere Avenue to Woodbine Avenue) and Queens Quay (from Bathurst Street to Parliament Street) on Sunday September 24 from
5 a.m. to 4 p.m. The first of four races starts at 7 a.m.
- Queen Street, King Street and the Gardiner Expressway are alternate east/west routes.
Kensington Market Pedestrian Sunday
Parts of the following roads will be closed on Sunday, September 24 from noon to 7 p.m. to accommodate the event.
- Augusta Avenue
- Baldwin Street
- Kensington Avenue
The public is encouraged to use public transit (TTC and GO) as a convenient, alternative choice whenever possible.
For more information about other closures, check with Transportation Services’ Road Info line at 416-599-9090 or visit the City’s website at http://www.toronto.ca/transportation.
Sr. Communications Co-ordinator